KORE1, a nationwide provider of staffing and recruiting solutions, has an immediate opening for a Oracle ETL/ODI Developer: ODI + logical data model design + data governance
The ODI Developer is responsible for the implementation of components within the Enterprise data warehouse and other data systems supported by Enterprise Information Management (EIM). The ODI Developer aligns with the Enterprise Data Architect and supports identification and design of new solutions designed to advance our quest for continuous improvement in ability to manage data and deliver analytic capability to the enterprise.
- Plans, creates and coordinates development and deployment of Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) components.
- Ensures that data integrations are implemented and managed using best practices in order to ensure timeliness, consistency, accuracy and quality of content along with optimal query performance.
- Ensures that data accessed by analytic tools is properly modeled using star schemas which utilize consistently defined fact and dimensions tables.
- Closely aligns with EIM staff supporting analytic interfaces to data and proactively identifies improvements.
- Ensures that data processes are designed to minimize layers of staging and potential duplication of data or variations in taxonomy or business rules.
- Responsible for ensuring that all data content is developed and implemented for EIM in accordance with the development lifecycle.
- Interfaces with internal application teams and external data providers to ensure that systems and processes sourcing data from, or providing data to the EDW are properly designed and implemented in accordance with policies defined by Enterprise Information Management.
- Responsible for ensuring that all testing is completed and well documented in order to ensure the highest level of quality within data systems. This includes, Unit, Integration, Functional/Performance, Acceptance and Regression testing.
- Responsible for ensuring proper automation of all data integrations in Production and that all integrations utilize process logging methodology.
- Ensures 100% compliance with security requirements for data.
- Supports BI analysts in gathering of business requirements to properly design solutions benefitting business users need for advanced analytic capability. Collaborates with BI Delivery and AMS teams to deliver EDW content supporting BI requirements.
- Acts as subject matter expert for content in the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Is responsible for ensuring that Enterprise Data Warehouse content is accurate, timely and performant.
- Duties may require 24 hour, seven days per week on-call responsibility for project support or for escalated support issues.
Major Areas of Responsibility (MAR):
Description of responsible actions required to accomplish the MAR
% of Time
Enterprise Data Delivery
Responsible for design, development, and delivery of data and BI platforms supporting enterprise analytics. Ensures data integration methods follow standards defined by Enterprise Information Management.
Data Governance / Data Stewardship
Acts as EDW Data SME supporting business management making data governance decisions. Defines and communicates records of reference and appropriate source systems for data integrations. Ensures that all application systems leveraging EDW content are properly integrated in regards architectural and source requirements
Project Planning and Execution
Supports Delivery teams with project planning including recommended solutions, analysis of benefit, cost, work schedule and any related risks or dependencies. Provides updates as required to project management and proactively identifies suggested improvements
Responsible for accurate and complete documentation during all project phases
Project plan creation and maintenance
Documentation of data transformations and data lineage
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related fields, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working with Oracle relational databases version 9i or greater.
- 5+ years of experience developing data integrations utilizing Oracle Data Integrator (ODI)
- 5+ years working experience delivering data warehouse solutions in support of enterprise Business Intelligence initiatives.
- 5+ years of active ETL development
- Strong knowledge of Industry Leading data solutions including Oracle Relational Database, Big Data technologies, Restful Web Services and Data integration tools with expert knowledge in at least one enterprise level product.
- Strong Oracle database and OLAP skills
- Experience delivering data services from an enterprise data hub to downstream applications.
- Ability to create and interpret Enterprise Relationship Diagrams.
- Considerable ability to explain technical issues in plain language to members of working teams who are fluent in the Data Engineer’s area of expertise as well as to non-technical .
- Proven facilitation and relationship skills, effectively working across application development groups and with business stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with staff, management, business customers, dealers and vendors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology department employees and customer representatives.
- Ability to provide clear and consistent instructions to team members.
- A high level of computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of current hardware and software technologies and uses in support of Enterprise Information Management Initiatives.
- Requires well developed communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
Training/Certification (Not all required, but preferred)
- Oracle RDBMS, Data Integration Platforms (ODI), Enterprise Business Intelligence (OBIEE), Data Search / Discovery and Visualization, HDFS, Dimensional Data Modeling. Data Warehousing.
Specializing in creative and technical recruiting, KORE1 is committed to supporting top IT and Creative professionals in their career paths. We build deep relationships with leading companies, connecting them to exceptional talent every day. With extensive industry expertise and unmatched opportunities, our goal is to provide a unique experience for our contractors and consultants as they prepare for their next role. We are passionate about matching the right people with the right companies.
Kore1 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Kore1 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Kore1 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.Improper interference with the ability of Kore1's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.