Oracle RAC DBA PA, Pittsburgh 15213 Security Clearance:
U.S. Citizen Skills: Oracle DBA, RAC, Golden Gate, SQL, MySQL, Linux, UNIX, RMAN
We are recruiting for an Oracle Database Administrator
t o work in support of a financial services organization. Qualified candidates will have extensive experience supporting all aspects of Oracle RAC Database Administration. Prior experience with SQL server/MySQL administration is preferred. Location Note:
The team is currently working remotely due to COVID-19 and will be located on-site once health precautions are lifted. Candidates must be located in the commuting area for consideration. Job Type:
This position is a W2 consulting opportunity with hourly rate and no benefits. Duration is planned for a 6-month contract with potential for follow-on extensions. Role and responsibilities include:
- Installing and administering Oracle RAC databases version 19c and up
- Designing, configuring, and operating n-node clusters, data recovery, and user role definition
- Overseeing the administration, performance tuning, and configuration management of production databases
- Installing and upgrading database software on Linux platform
- Utilizing troubleshooting skills and coordinating between Platform Managers and Shift Lead to resolve issues
- Coordinating with senior leadership and internal customers as needed
- U.S. citizen or Green Card Holder (sponsorship is not available for this position)
- Currently located within commuting range and availability to work on-site after COVID-19 health restrictions are lifted
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline required for consideration
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with Oracle RAC DBA, including 19c
- Familiarity with Data movement utilities
- Expertise in Golden Gate Replication and Unix scripting - current/recent experience is required
- Experience with physical Database Administration support in a multifaceted environment
- Experience working in Linux/UNIX environments
- Experience installing and upgrading database software and performing RMAN backup and recovery of database
- Current knowledge of technology trends and best practices and interest in ongoing learning
- Effective English written and verbal communication skills to work in a collaborative environment
Tallon Recruiting and Staffing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We comply with Form I-9 identity and legal work authorization requirements and utilize E-Verify for Employment Eligibility Verification in accordance the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA).
Individuals with disabilities who need assistance with the application process can reach us by email at email@example.com or telephone 571-333-2151.
For more information please visit us at www.tallonrs.com .