SENIOR PROGRAMMER ANALYST – SERVICE ORIENTED ARCHITECTURE
The Sr. Programmer Analyst will provide technical expertise in developing and maintaining business application integrations adhering to Service Oriented Architecture principals and the Service Component Architecture standard. Create technical design specifications from business/functional requirements. Work within our SDLC methodology and adhere to technical architecture standards. Proactively identify potential problems and issues and actively communicate and manage issues to resolution.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development of functional requirements and design specifications as appropriate.
- Develop, create and document technical specifications and designs from which composite application can be developed that satisfy documented business / functional requirements and envisions potential future requirements and business needs to ensure solutions are flexible and extensible.
- Provide programming and technical expertise to ensure business solutions (composite applications) function according to business and technical requirements. Prepare and deliver technical documentation as required.
- Ensure that all code / technical configurations and other work products are thoroughly unit-tested prior to delivery. Participate in system / integration testing as appropriate. Perform code reviews and other QA steps as requested.
- Adhere to our SDLC and technology architecture requirements.
- Proactively identify and communicate potential problems and issues to project team members / leaders. Proactively identify alternatives and recommend / implement solutions as appropriate.
- Ensure accurate project status and work estimates (ETCs) are always reported / communicated to project leaders / managers in a timely fashion.
- Consistently enhance skills and job knowledge by researching new internet / intranet technologies and software products and trends; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- 5+ years of programming / analysis experience
- Experience with Version Control – Subversion
- Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work and preparing thorough, accurate and detailed schedule estimates.
- Experience with the following technology:
- SQL (SQL Server and Oracle 9i or greater)
- Enterprise Design Patterns; object-oriented design
- Service Component Architecture (SCA)
- Business Process Execution Language (BPEL)
- Oracle Service Bus (OSB)
- Web Services (SOAP, RESTful)
- XML (XSD, XSLT, XPATH, XQuery)
- BS / BA in MIS, Computer Science, Business, Mathematics or Engineering plus 5 years' programming/analysis experience
OTHER KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Experience with the following:
- Java (v.1.5 or higher)
- ADF Framework
- Oracle Service Bus
- Oracle WebCenter, ATG and Sites experience is a plus
- Demonstrated competency in designing, programming and testing complex applications or components.
- Working knowledge of various JCA Adapters like Database Adapter, File Adapter, FTPAdapter and JMS Adapter in Oracle SOA Suite
- Experience with Oracle Advanced Queue
- Understanding of WebLogic Concepts (Domains, Servers, Machines, Clusters)
- Understanding of Web Service Security and Governance