Oracle ATG Software Developer
6 month Contract (can use H1 VISA candidates
- Write documentation and automated tests for code to be written. Implement functionality for automated tests that will successfully pass and meet coding standards
- Debug production issues and create subsequent mitigation plans
- Optimize performance of existing implementations.
- Find easy ways to debug complex solutions, through reading and understanding code flow in the project
- Add logs and markers to solve complex (concurrency, multi-threaded) problems.
- Break down product requirements, drawing on knowledge of algorithms to come up with the correct solution.
- Work with product managers and UX designers to deliver most optimal and customer-friendly implementation
- Prioritize tasks with the Project Manager that leads the team to be successful.
- As a component owner, where the component impacts a single platform, debug and fix hard to reproduce bugs; refactor existing code for performance gains and easy readability; perform design reviews; identify performance bottleneck in design specifications; work with App, Backend, and Frontend teams in writing down APIs; explore existing implementations; optimize performance of existing implementations; and participate in functional automated tests.
- Build UML diagrams and sequence diagrams for features before implementation.
- Track down hidden performance problems, with or without tools.
- Prioritize tasks with Project Manager that leads the team to be successful.
- Bring forward ideas to experiment and work in teams to transform ideas to reality.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or related field required
- Master s degree preferred.
- 5-8 years product development experience
- In-depth understanding of computer science fundamentals, such as data structures, (trees, graphs, hash tables); understanding of functioning and implementation of basic algorithms, such as sorts, searching, and the capability to explain performance characteristics using Big-O Notations.
- Capability to debug moderately complex problems and analyze logs in production systems and to read existing code
- Capability to develop and maintain application web sites hosted on the Oracle ATG platform
- Solid understanding of various data storage options, such as relational, no-SQL, etc.
- Experience in following the process and ability to question the process and recommend changes
- Ability to be on call on a rotating basis for the services owned by the team.
- Experience with Endeca, Oracle WebCenter and Oracle BCC/ATG (Business Control Center) for developing and maintaining web site content
- Solid scripting skill in Shell, Python, or Ruby
- Experience in developing products in an Agile development environment
- Experience working in a CI/CD environment
- Understanding of Git and development activities such as merge and conflict resolution of code
- Understanding and experience in Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS cloud services
NOTES: Endeca eCommerce software and ATG (Art Technology Group) were acquired by Oracle and incorporated into Oracle Web Commerce Platform