Noblis is helping FAA manage large and complex telecommunications and information management programs that use state of the art technologies to deliver enterprise infrastructure services essential to the safe and efficient operation of the largest, safest, and most complex aviation system in the world. We are seeking smart, passionate, and motivated people to join our proven team in a challenging and rewarding work environment where you will be actively engaged at the intersection of technology and operations enhancing our nation's aviation system. If you want to be involved in acquiring, implementing, and managing the communications and information solutions to achieve our nation's aviation vision, this is the job for you!
This is an opportunity for someone with a project management experience, interest in aviation and enterprise systems background and experience to join a dynamic team working with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on the leading edge of aviation technology and to play a key role in the specification and implementation of the FAA's mission-critical enterprise communications services.
Noblis is seeking a Outreach and Communications Project Manager to support the FAA's SWIM Program Office in preparing briefings for internal and external (domestic and international) audiences; strategizing SWIM outreach support for key aviation industry events e.g., SESAR, ATCA, AITEC, and others as necessary; meeting facilitation; developing collateral, key messages and messaging on the SWIM website; and coordination/reporting across multiple subcontractors.
This position provides direct support to the SWIM Program Manager, Business Manager, Engineer Lead and Capability Lead. The position requires a deep technical understanding of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) SWIM program and how it is implemented within the National Airspace System (NAS). The position requires the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities, demonstrate strong organizational skills, and the ability to effectively coordinate among clients, peers, other technical professionals and multiple internal and external organizations. The Individual must understand the business needs of the organization and maintain a customer-oriented approach at all times.
The successful candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team and will have a detailed understanding of the NAS and the SWIM program, including NAS domains, SWIM enterprise capabilities and services, and overall SWIM operational concepts. Must have the knowledge and skills to manage multiple projects, keep track of and identify new task or adjust existing task and expectations as the project evolves. Must have the proven social and interpersonal skills to coordinate with a team of professionals who are both technical and non-technical to keep everyone on task and progressing forward also ensure the team maintains a positive and collaborative relationship with external stakeholders.
Candidate should be familiar with the FAA Joint Resources Council (JRC), Operations Integration Board (OIB), and similar decision making boards. Knowledge/familiarity with meeting facilitation, strategic planning, subcontractor management, organizational change management.
In this position, you can expect to provide project management expertise and support to the Enterprise Engineering Services (EES) team in the FAA Communications, Information, and Network Programs organization, including but not limited to:
* Strategize and create messaging for program level briefings for internal FAA Audiences (e.g., Group Level Review, PMO Review, Program Monthly Report, Continuous Improvement Team (CIT), Joint Resources Council (JRC), OIB and so on).
* Strategize and create messaging for external briefings for external stakeholders both domestic working groups (e.g., Consumer Onramping, Industry Workgroups and conferences as needed) and international workgroups (e.g., International Aviation Civil Organization (ICAO), SESAR and so on)
* Maintain core program reporting slides on SWIM Capabilities (e.g., STDDS, IAM, and so on for Segmented SWIM Reporting) and Tools (e.g., SFDPS Viewer, SVT Viewer)
* Coordinate reporting of status, issues and risks as needed for all briefings across ECSS Noblis team which includes a mix of technical and program subcontractors.
* Serve as the POC for planning outreach activities including: Program Internal (SWIM Scoop), All Hands as well as external activities: media, key messages/FAQs, and website maintenance.
* Plan SWIM Outreach and Communication conference logistical support for all contract financials, collateral development, graphics, and messaging/demonstrations.
* Interact with vendors and stakeholders across the agency.
* Contribute to white papers, briefings, status reports, and other communication packages for FAA executives.
* Bachelors Degree and 6 years of related professional experience.
Demonstrated ability to maintain a working knowledge of relevant hardware and software technologies, to include emerging technologies.
Understanding of business processes, marketing and collateral development, communication planning, strategic planning, quality control / assurance, and organizational performance assessments.
Proficiency with MS Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Project, and Excel.
Ability to multi-task, handle a high-paced work environment, and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
Strong interpersonal skills to work directly with client, teammates, end-users, and other stakeholders.
Excellent writing, oral communication, and organizational skills.
Willingness to perform detailed work with little guidance and to interact in a positive manner with other government and industry personnel.
Ability to satisfy FAA security and resume approval processes.
Applicants must possess or meet eligibility requirements for passing a background check.
Ability to satisfy FAA security and resume approval processes.
* Applicants must possess or meet eligibility requirements for passing a background check.
* FAA Experience Preferred
Noblis and our wholly owned subsidiaries, Noblis ESI and Noblis NSP, are solving difficult problems that help our government and our country. We bring the best of scientific thought, management, and engineering expertise with a reputation for independence and objectivity. We support a wide range of government and industry clients in the areas of national security, intelligence, transportation, healthcare, environmental sustainability, and enterprise engineering. Learn more at noblis.org/about.
Why work at a Noblis company?
Our employees find greater meaning in their work and balance the other things in life that matter to them. Our people are our greatest asset. They are exceptionally skilled, knowledgeable, team-oriented, and mission-driven individuals who want to do work that matters and benefits the public.
Noblis has won numerous workplace awards. Noblis maintains a drug-free workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race.
Posted Date: 2/10/2017
Category: Program Management