Continental Resources, Inc. is the nation's most established and reliable source for electronic test and measurement equipment. The Test and Measurement Division is an authorized partner of the leading test equipment manufacturers including Rohde & Schwarz, Tektronix, Keithley, Keysight Technologies, and Fluke.
If you're a dynamic individual looking for a challenge, take this opportunity to explore an exciting career with us, selling and renting state-of-the-art products such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, and wireless communication testers to the industrial, commercial and communications markets.
As an experienced Outside Sales Representative, you will be selling to Engineering, Purchasing, Quality Control, R&D, and Manufacturing departments.
Sales Territory includes San Jose, Santa Clara, and East Bay area
Awards and Recognition:
* Top Workplaces, Energage, 2021
* CRN Tech Elite 250, The Channel Company, 2020
* CRN MSP 500 Award, CRN, 2020
* Boston Business Journal Area's Largest Minority/Women-Owned Business, Boston Business Journal, 2020
* Boston Business Journal Areas 100 Largest Private Companies, Boston Business Journal, 2020
* Boston Business Largest Family Owned Business, Boston Business Journal, 2020
* CRN Solution Provider 500, CRN, 2020
* The position reports directly to the Regional Sales Manager
* Maintain current accounts and to develop new business in order to generate rental and sales volume for the Instruments division
* Requires face to face contact with customers. Supervision is through daily phone calls and bi-weekly sales meetings and joint sales visits with the Regional Sales Manager
* Responsible to develop sales revenue from a given geographical area. It is also the responsibility of this individual to prepare sales presentations for key accounts and/or people who are delegated with the responsibility to recommend or to place orders
* To generate business by telephone contact, catalog mailings, but primarily by personal sales calls to new and existing accounts
* Responsible for increasing revenues by trying to obtain higher rental rates and by getting top dollar for our reconditioned electronic test equipment and PCs
* Required to report all activities on a weekly Outlook Calendar with all of the important items detailed in a monthly forecast. Also responsible for maintaining neat and up to date records on their Outlook Calendar and for turning in monthly expense reports and mileage reports. Reports to Supervisor on a timely basis
* Responsible for keeping abreast of competitors activity and latest strategies and performing any and all other job-related functions
* Required to maintain accurate records in our Salesforce CRM database
* 2-3 years of outside sales experience within the electronics industry
* BA/BS degree preferred, technical certificate, or equivalent Test and Measurement experience preferred
* Technical background or experience in the electronics industry a plus.
* Strong sales and closing skills
* Ability to work independently
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills