We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits
, and the process
of joining the State Farm team!Work Arrangement: "Hybrid" work arrangement. Selected candidates will be assigned to a facility and will spend time working both in office and from their home.Office Locations:
Corporate Headquarters, Bloomington, IL, OR one of State Farm Hub locations: Dallas Hub (Richardson, TX), Atlanta Hub (Dunwoody, GA), and Phoenix Hub (Tempe, AZ).What's In It for You
**Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity. **ResponsibilitiesState Farm's Property & Casualty (P&C) Actuarial Analysts
- Competitive pay and annual bonus potential.
- Incentives for successful completion of industry exams (ACAS and FCAS).
- A competitive 401k plan.
- A Learning Culture: Mentoring, Tuition Reimbursement, Health Initiatives, and more!
- Work with cutting edge technologies and business models
- Be part of small, self-empowered teams.
- Participate in customizable skill-level and personal development training.
- Influence and inform solution design efforts that consider performance, risk mitigation, user experience, and testability.
- Participate in Design Thinking to identify personas, develop problem solving ideas, and pitch ideas to leadership as a team.
- STEM Mentoring Opportunities: Give back to the community in your area of expertise through volunteering at STEM events for students!
- Other local volunteer opportunities.
develop actuarial recommendations for leadership and implement changes to satisfy the financial objectives of the #1 Auto and Homeowners insurer in the U.S.
They also develop and apply statistical modeling techniques to solve business problems, conduct research, identify solutions to actuarial problems and analyze and prepare responses to various actuarial questions/issues. Our Analysts serve as valued resources to other State Farm areas, often engaging with business partners across the organization to solve multi-faceted business problems.
As a member of the Property and Casualty Actuarial community you will be challenged and empowered to grow personally and professionally. We are dedicated to helping each of our associates develop to his or her full potential.
To enable our associates to grow, a competitive exam support program is offered for associates pursuing their actuarial designations.QualificationsWe Are Looking for:
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experienced Actuarial Analyst with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the field.
- Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, Information Management or other analytics majors preferred.
- Experience with data and statistical analysis in Excel, SQL, SAS, R, and/or Python required.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organization, leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Successful completion of at least three Society of Actuaries or Casualty Actuarial Society exams required. ACAS designation preferred.
- Candidates should intend to progress toward their ACAS/FCAS designation.
- Reinsurance pricing/analytics
- Catastrophe risk analytics experience
There is a 24-month incumbency period (beginning on the employee's effective date) for any lateral job movements and a 12-month incumbency period for any promotional opportunities, which must be met before the employee may post for other State Farm positions. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.SFARM#LI-MJB1