US Tech Solutions is seeking a "PC/LAN Technician" for a 6 Months Contract to hire position with a client in St. Louis, MO.
Job title: PC/LAN Technician
Location: St. Louis, MO
Duration: contract to hire.
- Positive attitude (Customer Service oriented)
- Experience with imaging and deploying PCs and MACs to customers
- Exceptional work ethic (be at work all the time, very reliable)
- A minimum of 1-3 years of previous experience
The PC/LAN Technician is responsible for the day to day performance and operation of both PC and LAN hardware and software. The PC/LAN Technician installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs computer workstations and local area networks, monitors performance, diagnoses and resolves problems. The PC/LAN Technician provides accurate, timely and creative solutions to end-user computer and network problems. The PC/LAN Technician adheres to standard IT practices and techniques and follows established escalation processes for more complex problems.
- Assist with the installation and maintenance of local infrastructure equipment which may carry data, voice and video communications to defined standards. Coordinates with internal and external partners as required. Participates on call rotation as needed including nights and weekends.
- Installs, configures, troubleshoots, and repairs Windows or Macintosh desktop and laptop computer systems, peripheral equipment and mobile devices. Escalates unresolved issues in a timely manner. Configures and maintains Windows or Macintosh standard applications and networking software, diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems.
- Delivers exceptional customer service, proactively setting expectations with customers and following up appropriately. Manages service request queue and resolves daily hardware and software service and support requests. Adheres to established service level agreements. Thoroughly document work performed in ticketing system.
- Maintains and tracks inventories of hardware for desktops, laptops, thin clients and peripherals in the appropriate systems.
- Completes project tasks as assigned. Meets project dates are met. Schedules installations/ upgrades and provides system maintenance in accordance with IT procedures. Works on site specific department projects and/or sub-projects.
- Implements approved operating system enhancements and recommends system modifications to reduce user problems. Interacts with other support groups to restore service and /or identify and correct end-user computing problems.
- Escalates more complex problems/issues up the chain appropriately in a timely manner.
- Provides technical assistance to PC/LAN technicians from other sites.
- Follows process documentation and checklists to ensure standardization of work. Proactively recommends documentation changes if necessary.
- Assists with user and equipment moves along with occasional unloading of new equipment and disposal of old equipment to salvage vendor.
Years of Experience:
1-3 Years PC/LAN Technical Experience
Continued enhancement of Technical Skills through continuing education/seminars and interaction with other IT disciplines
Computer or Other Skills:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- General knowledge of Microsoft Operating systems, especially XP, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- General knowledge of Apple computers and operating systems.
- General knowledge of networking switches and data networks.
- General knowledge of IP telecommunications systems.
- General knowledge of Audio Visual Systems