Position is available in Raritan, NJ or Rochester, NY. When responding, please indicate which location you are applying for.
Please note that this is a 8+ month contract position.
Company is seeking a Workstation EndPoint Engineer. This role reports to the Site Client Services Lead. This role is based in Raritan, NJ or Rochester, NY. The role will be responsible for working with the local IT team to provide both local and remote IT support to end user workstations. There will be a wide variety of responsibilities, including deployments, hardware and software refreshes, providing direct support services to end users via remote software distribution and remote workstation takeover tools and delivery of responsive and consistent end-user support service packages and new software.
The successful candidate will be able to work in an open and collaborative style that fosters teamwork. The successful candidate must be able to self-manage, balance priorities, calmly handle escalations, and most importantly, exhibit the ability to effectively manage their time.
The Responsibilities: • Provide on-going operational support including operating systems releases, upgrades, service pack installations, bug fixes, security updates, and any system change activities
• Providing interactive, friendly, hands-on support to employees and contractors
- Build end user computer Operating System patches as well as other local applications and package for related software distribution • Actively participate in an environment that support staff act as trusted advisors who provide relevant and meaningful technical guidance on the best use of technology • Assist with the creation of run-books for services delivered by the Endpoint team • Performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and tuning for all end-user systems • Knowledge of the Microsoft suite of products, including Office365, Skype for Business, Lync and SharePoint • Assist in automation of the build of new systems (laptop and desktop) • Serve as Tier 2 support to the help desk to resolve desktop system issues as reported by the end-users • Ensure adequate customer follow-up communications and timely issue status updates to customer and IT management. • Create a formal mentorship with IT Desktop peer(s) to share lessons learned and IT knowledge • Network with cross-functional teams to leverage best practices • Assist customers with identifying and specifying hardware and software needs to address business requirements, aligning with IT standards where possible
• Create and update documentation (Intranet FAQs, User guides, Standard Operating Procedures, Knowledgebase) for IT supported services and applications. • Identify current operational process inefficiencies and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Minimum 3-year degree in Computer Science or related field OR degree from Technical Trade School • 5+ years of proven Customer Service skills
- 5 years working experiences on ITEM/IEM system (IBM Tivoli Endpoint management System/IBM Endpoint Manager)
- Knowledge of IEM package building with Relevance set up and familiar with IBM Action Scripts
- Knowledge on how to generate reports with IEM properties managed, Relevance and IBM Action Script
- Know-how to create Manual Group, Auto Group to apply the periodical task or one-time task
• Knowledge of Big Fix for remote client management, patching and SW distribution
- Knowledge of BigFix asset management features and reporting
- Knowledge of Flexera AdminStudio 2016 for software Packaging • Knowledge of IBM’s helpdesk tool, ITSM, a plus • Preferred candidates will have Microsoft certifications (MCSA, MCSE) • Ability to translate the needs of the employees and business units into the appropriate solutions • Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other colleagues in the organization • Some project management skills desired • Self-starter and highly motivated individual who demonstrates the ability to exercise sound judgment, prioritize and effectively meet deadlines while working on multiple assignments simultaneously • Must have demonstrated the ability to successfully work as part of a team • Must have experience with implementing and following departmental policies and procedures • Must have knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems and Apple Mac operating systems • Must have knowledge of PC hardware architecture and Imaging • Must have knowledge of typical desktop applications, (i.e., MS Office, Office365 suite, Skype for Business (formerly Lync) virus scan etc.) • Must have knowledge of desktop architecture build methodologies
For consideration, please reference job number 1899.