At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!Description
Looking for a chance to do meaningful work that touches millions? Come join the hardest working, nonprofit health plan in California and help us shape the future of health care. Blue Shield of California is focused on transforming health care by making it more accessible, affordable and customer-centric. Being a mission-driven organization means we do much more than serve our 4 million members: we were the first health plan in the nation to limit our annual net income to 2 percent of revenue and return the difference to our customers and the community, and since 2005 we have contributed more than $325 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation to improve community health and end domestic violence. We also believe that a healthier California begins with our employees, so we provide them with resources to develop and maintain a healthy lifestyle through our award-winning wellness program, Wellvolution.
We're hiring smart thinkers and doers who want to work for a leader and innovator in the challenging, ever-changing healthcare space. Come and help us make health care better for everyone.Position Summary:
The Senior Desktop Support technician's primary responsibility is to provide expert-level services and satisfactory resolution to end-user problems pertaining to their desktop/laptop workstations, including hardware, operating system, applications and associated peripherals. The services and support delivered should be considered an example of expert level of services expected from the End User Support team.Qualifications Key Job Responsibilities
Perform routine to highly complex processes and tasks pertaining to the support of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac workstations, operating systems and applications that demonstrates a level of experience and professionalism expected from the End User Support team.
- Perform workstation provisioning tasks, including installation, configuration and deployment of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac operating systems
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac workstation applications using manual, stand-alone and automated methods and tools (e.g. SCCM). Applications include (but are not limited to) productivity applications such as Microsoft Office and infrastructure applications such as Symantec anti-virus
- Perform peripheral replacements (keyboard, mouse, monitor, USB-attached devices) and basic component installations /replacement (e.g. memory, hard drive)
- Provide "level 2" support in the use of desktop and laptop workstations, including hardware, operating system and application troubleshooting/repair. Facilitate escalations to Team Lead, "Level 3" Engineering team and/or appropriate vendors as necessary
- Utilize tools and applications required for administration of Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac workstations, including tools utilized for remote workstation access (e.g. RDP), Microsoft SCCM for application installations, Symantec anti-virus and Enterprise Vault clients, Active Directory for domain binding, group memberships and workstation policy configurations, Microsoft BitLocker for hard drive encryption, and Service Market Place for creating, updating and closing Incident and Request tickets
- Support testing, validation and assist with deployment of operating system and application upgrades, patches, etc.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the skills equivalent to the successful completion of CompTIA A+ certification, including Microsoft operating system fundamentals and file systems, as well as TCP/IP fundamentals, including configuration and administration of workstation and printer network connectivity (wired and wireless)
- Implement, maintain and troubleshoot workstation file and folder permissions. Provide input and recommendations for the effective administration and management of workstation file and folder permissions, including Local Administrator Rights
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of Microsoft Active Directory components that pertain to workstations (Organizational Units, policies, group memberships, permissions, etc.)
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of skills pertaining to CompTIA Security+ certification, including access control and data encryption principles and practices
- Demonstrate a good understanding and provide basic to advanced support for mobile devices, including mobile device operating system functionality (iOS, Android, Windows Phone) and fundamental mobile device applications
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of Apple Mac workstations, including the installation, configuration and use of fundamental applications, operating system configurations and peripherals
- Provide verbal and written communications in a concise and professional manner. Demonstrate an ability to follow instructions. Work well in both independent and group situations.
- Ensure all activities are properly documented within assigned request and incident tickets. This includes documenting communications with the customer, work performed, planned activities, etc.
- Contribute to the ongoing success of the End User Support team by meeting defined Service Level Agreements.
- Demonstrate an ability to interact directly with customers by providing a high degree of customer service at all times. Escalate issues that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion.
Experience with the following is a plus:
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Provide support and instruction to other members of the End User Support team where appropriate.
- Technical hands-on experience with Microsoft BitLocker Administration and Monitoring (MBAM)
- Scripting and programming experience in languages such as PowerShell, VBScript, or .NET (C#) with a focus on automation.
- Preferred experience and/or working knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMware vSphere, XenServer, Hyper-V or related technologies
- A+ Certification or equivalent
- Asset and Hardware/Software Lifecycle Management
- Experience with HP & Lenovo Hardware
• Experience and Education Requirements:
- High school graduate or equivalent education achievement necessary. College degree preferred
- Experience working with Microsoft Windows workstation hardware and software required
- Experience working with Apple Mac workstation hardware and software required
- Experience with fundamental workstation infrastructure applications and tools (e.g. anti-virus, Active Directory, etc.) required
- Three to five years of experience deploying, using and maintaining Microsoft Windows workstation operating systems, Microsoft Office suite (including Microsoft Outlook) and Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) required
- Experience with mobile devices and mobile device support preferred
- CompTIA A+ and/or Security+ certification(s) preferred
Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.