Direct Government continues to fuel its engineering growth and seeks innovative, creative and experienced hardware RF design engineer who is ready for the challenges, responsibilities, and rewards that come with working in a high-energy, fast-paced environment. iDirect Government is dedicated to providing next generation solutions for broadband IP networking via satellite networks. As the leading innovators in this new space, our diverse and talented team of Internet, satellite and telecommunications professionals continues to break new ground and create significant opportunities for network operators, for service providers and resellers, and for corporate networking professionals. The PCB Layout Designer will design, develop, and document comprehensive RF/Analog/Digital/Power board?level layout design from concept through completion. This position will support schematic capture and back annotation, netlist generation, as well as PCB fab package generation. Will coordinate and participate in hardware product development activities with hardware engineering team.
This is a hardware engineering position and requires some course work or related work experience in some of the following areas:
- 5-15 years of experience in PCB Design.
- Experienced with high?density multilayer P/C board layout, using surface mount (i.e. IPC?7351B).
- Experienced with all variations and P/C board configurations to include traditional and multi?lamination constructions, rigid/flex, and backplane.
- Experienced with HDI routing techniques using blind and buried vias and via?in?pad.
- Design background in design techniques to include stackup definition, impedance control, differential pairs, high?speed nets, DDR memory routing, signal integrity, power integrity, power supply layout, analog/RF, EMC/EMI, shielding, ICT, auto insertion, heat transfer, as well as reliability and vibration/stress.
- Experience in RF/Analog and digital hybrid designs.
- Experience with schematic capture software, preferably DxDesigner.
- Rules/constraint?based design practices.
- Experience with Xpedition placement and routing software.
- Experience with PADS placement and routing software.
- Familiarity with PCB fabrication file formats.
- Experience with CAM350 or equivalent a plus.
- Experience with ECAD and MCAD integration a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast?paced development environment.
- Must be able to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively on a technical level.
- US Citizenship required
Clearance: Ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.