Title: PEGA Developer / PEGA Software Engineer
Description: STG is a SEI CMMi Level 5 company with several Fortune 500 and State Government clients. STG has an opening for Agile scrum PEGA Developer / PEGA Software Engineer. Please note that this project assignment is with our own direct clients. We do not go through any vendors. STG only does business with direct end-clients. This is expected to be a long-term position. STG will provide immigration and permanent residency sponsorship assistance to those candidates who need it.
The Global Extended Service Business Re-engineering (GESBRe) program is a multiple year initiative targeted at growing the Extended Warranty Service Business (ESB) globally by re-engineering and delivering common ESB processes, business practices, and systems. This initiative will develop the system needed to achieve the goals and objectives of the Global ESB Business Plan. The Product Designer will be responsible for managing the delivery of Pega based features, working with the business team, testing team and the developers.
- Design, develop, test and implement application solutions and system enhancements using Pega 7 PRPC development toolset.
- Development of software with familiarity in all application tiers:
- Front-end (HTML, ASP.Net, Microsoft Visual Basics 6.0)
- Back-end (Pega PRPC) - primary
- Database (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Determines operational feasibility by evaluating user stories, confirming acceptance criteria, developing and proposing solutions.
- Uses unit tests to drive the design of the application and confirm its functionality and its conformance with non-functional requirements.
- Performs exploratory testing to confirm application execution and to identify software deficiencies not covered by automated testing.
- Assist with the analysis and/or re-design of business/application system problems that are reported to the Production Support Group in the form of Help Desk tickets or system error messages from Operations. Participate in Daily Huddles, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Sprint Review and Retrospective, and Project Retrospectives for assigned initiatives.
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Communicate often and openly with the team by being responsive to in-person prompts.
Potential Stretch Assignments:
- Development of data transfers using FTP/SFTP and Web Services
- Development of reports through MSBI tool SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Development of ETL processes through MSBI tool SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Design and modeling database by translating business requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models
- 3+ years of experience as a Pega software engineer
- Experience in agile software delivery
- Experience in the use of test-driven development
- Basic understanding of systems architecture concepts
- Proven ability to produce above deliverables using strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact at 248.712.6725 In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name: PEGA Developer / PEGA Software Engineer
Corporate Overview of STG: Established in 1985, Systems Technology Group (STG) is a fast-growing IT and Engineering consulting and systems integration services firm. STG is proud that clients like Ford Motor Company, American Axle, Sears Corporation, Chrysler, LLC, Mercedes Benz, United Health, General Motors, State of Texas, State of Michigan, State of Minnesota, State of Georgia, and others trust their IT services needs to STG. STG has offices in North America, Europe and India to service our client s global IT and Engineering needs.