Birkman International received Houston’s coveted “Best & Brightest Companies to Work For” from 2014 - 2017 and offers competitive compensation, great benefits, and a culture that rewards achievement while encouraging teamwork, professional growth, and work-life balance. If you are a motivated professional who enjoys a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams, a job at Birkman could be your next great career move.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Write quality, well-formed code including unit tests and thorough comments.
- Work closely with other developers, Product Managers, and QA Analysts to deliver solutions through iterative releases and ensure product designs are being implemented to specifications and with high quality.
- Quickly and expertly address software bugs.
- Contribute to estimation and scoping of projects.
- Suggest improvements in existing code to enhance the user experience for our customers.
- Experience writing complex SQL queries for at least one major RDBMS such as SQL Server, Oracle, or MySQL.
- Experience using a version control system such as Git.
- Understanding of common TCP/IP protocols including HTTP and HTTPS.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- Intellectual curiosity, problem-solving abilities, and desire to keep up with emerging web technologies.
- Ability to thrive under pressure and deadlines while being at ease dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Ability to write well-formed, quality code in a collaborative environment.
Education and Work Experience
- Minimum of 3 years software development experience.
- Minimum of 1 year PHP development experience.
- B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems or other related field desired.
- This is a level 1 Developer position.
- Annual salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Includes participation in Birkman’s full-time employee benefits programs.
- Participation in Annual Incentive Plan program.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose cover letters and resumes demonstrate the required education and professional experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.