We are looking for an experienced PHP Developer to develop and maintain new and existing PHP applications with a focus on understanding and meeting user needs, security, and coding best practices all while setting and meeting deadlines.
What you will do:
- Build efficient, testable and reusable PHP modules.
- Build user interfaces to the standards and look/feel of the existing environment.
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges.
- Offer direction and insight into building a development workflow (Development -> Testing -> Staging -> Production)
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Performs other duties as assigned
What you will need:
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Understanding the fully synchronous behavior of PHP
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object-oriented PHP programming
- Understanding accessibility and security compliance
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Familiarity with SQL/NoSQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Subversion
- Flexibility and ability to work with legacy/non-standardized code and refactor for use in a modern environment.
- Duties may require non-routine analysis, research and follow-through
- May act as a resource to others to solve problems
- Exercise independent judgment. Work affords significant opportunity to act independently on assigned tasks
- Consistently demonstrate professional, positive, and approachable attitude/demeanor and discretion. Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information
- Some general non-development IT tasks (User Admin/Training/Support)
- Duties are performed under minimal supervision
Must have expertise/exposure-to using and troubleshooting of the following technologies:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2 to 4 years related experience or equivalent combination
- Professional certifications as appropriate
- Knowledge of current trends in development
- Experience with standard software applications, including MS Office, Windows. May require database management skills with ability to produce reports. Ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
- Requires little physical effort.
- Requires the employee to stand, walk, use hands, tools, controls, reach with arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; sit; use hands; read; talk or hear.
- Ability to work under stress during peak workload periods
- Work environment involves only infrequent exposure to disagreeable element