ABOUT ARTEMIS CONSULTING
Artemis Consulting is a D.C. area-based IT Services and Management Consulting firm that is on the Inc. 5000 list of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. Our teams are collaborative, self-motivated, and focused on creating value for our clients. We are a growing company where you have an opportunity to learn and grow with your peers. We believe in getting the job done and having work-life balance. We offer competitive salaries with a comprehensive benefits package including employer-subsidized health, dental & vision insurance, 401(k) matching, 10 paid Federal holidays, and paid vacation and sick leave.
JOB SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under minimal direction, performs as a web application developer in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of new software and existing software. The candidate will work with technical staff to understand and develop new web applications, or occasionally rewrite existing legacy applications. The candidate will participate in agile (specifically Scrum) development sprints. This is an evenly-paced, agile, and stable development environment where the ability to pick up new tools and technologies is important as the environment presents many challenges as well as growth opportunities. The ideal candidate for this position meets the skills and qualifications for this role and enjoys programming.
• Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
• Design and development of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
• Implementation of security and data protection
• Code reviews
• Following agile development practices, ideal candidate has experience with iterative solution development (working within a Scrum team environment).
• Building system components and web services, prototyping potential solutions, integrating disparate systems and supporting data migration efforts while maintaining technical integrity and consistency.
• Proven ability to anticipate and avoid most common problems; proven ability to solve problems quickly and independently when they arise.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Must be flexible, able to work in a highly collaborative environment, juggle multiple tasks at once, and work independently and collaboratively as needed. Must have superior interpersonal skills and strong communication skills. Be comfortable working directly with the Project Manager to support emerging client needs as well.
• 5+ years of critical thinking and overall problem solving skills
• 5-7 years of solid Object Oriented PHP programming experience
• 5+ years of experience with designing and developing relational databases (Postgres, Oracle or MySQL)
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting
• Experience with accessibility and 508 compliance
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to multi-task
• Experience with at least one PHP MVC framework like Symfony, Zend, or CodeIgniter
• Experience with DevOps or automation tools like Jenkins, Ansible, Docker and GitLab CI/CD
• Experience with writing or consuming RESTful web APIs
• Knows/understands/can implement Design Patterns
• Experience with Solr Search a plus
• Experience with automated unit testing frameworks
• Experience with mobile development a plus
• Node.js or Angular.js a plus
• Understanding and experience with Agile development
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field highly desired but can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Artemis Consulting is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. All qualified candidates will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, religious creed, national origin, sexual orientation/gender identity, or age.
Artemis Consulting uses e-Verify to verify employment eligibility. EEO/AA/F/M/Vet/Disabled.