Our client near Chicago IL has an opening for an PHP Magento Developer on their B2C Ecommerce team. This position will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions for their B2C web commerce initiatives on the Magento platform. This web commerce developer must be self-motivated with the ability to achieve deadlines while working effectively within a team environment. They are seeking an individual with strength and experience working in the entire development lifecycle for an application, including both back-end and front-end development.
They are looking for a dynamic, hard-working professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment. This large corporate organization has solid career growth potential. In addition to exceptional leadership and analytical skills, they are looking for a "roll-up your sleeves" attitude.
This role is currently remote but the client will want you to go into the office and work when it becomes safe to do so.
Salary: up to $125k + 10-15% bonus + if you are on an H1b visa, they will transfer your visa and in 6 months sponsor a for you. They are also offering up to $20,000 in relocation assistance.
• Develop extensions to our web commerce environment to support a variety of business and commerce needs.
• Responsibility for detailed design, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting company's B2C Magento 2 platform. Serves as an IS point person for addressing issues and enhancements related to the specific product, functional and technical area.
• Leads story breakdown activities for the development squad.
• Collaborates with the Product Owner and Business Analyst in backlog grooming activities.
• Active contribution in architecture of technical solutions for new ecommerce business requirements. This includes participating in the build versus buy decision making.
• Troubleshoot and resolve software defects.
• Adhere to established coding standards and participate in code reviews.
• Produce detailed unit test results.
• Adhere to IS Department policies best practices.
• Work successfully within an iterative SDLC environment.
• Ability to facilitate design meetings with users, management, and architects.
• Analyzes production issues as necessary to determine the cause of the issue and determine the necessary course of action for resolution.
• Follows and helps to establish development standards.
• Creates and delivers documentation as necessary to ensure proper use of changed and newly implemented efforts.
• Maintains a professional demeanor and is consistently able to interact professionally and work productively with all levels of employees.
• Follows company's Code of Ethics and other corporate policies.
Skills, Experience and Education Required
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
• 5+ years of experience as a software developer in an ecommerce environment utilizing Magento 2.x as an e-commerce platform. This includes hands-on experience developing and modifying PHP for Magento.
• Experience coding to Magento technical best practices and guidelines
• Experience in working within an Agile/SCRUM development model.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with internal team members as well as business stakeholders.
Desired skills & experience
• DevSecOps experience - this includes unit testing, CI/CD (Jenkins is preferred), security testing, performance load testing and managing a backlog and triaging defects in JIRA (or a similar tool)
• Experience in working with multi-site global teams.
• Experience working with Application Performance Monitoring & Management tools such as New Relic, App Dynamics, etc.
• Experience working with Azure
Contact: Deborah Laster | two one four six one six five seven seven one | deborahl at staffingtechnologies dot com