Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is searching for a PHP Software Developer. This position is located in Aberdeen, MD. Must be on site. Potential applicants will also be required to have a government security clearance level of "SECRET ". Description:
The primary job responsibility for this position is to provide PHP programming and functionality for a variety of internet applications related to the Department of Defense community. Candidates will be challenged on a daily basis to solve problems and implement solutions in a timely fashion while working on various government efforts.
Tasks performed will include but not limited to:
* Member of the milSuite Product Team to support a suite of Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) and Government off-the-shelf (GOTS) based applications, e.g. WordPress, MediaWiki, LimeSurvey and proprietary applications
* Performs software product design, development, testing, planning, monitoring and maintenance of applications using existing web development skills and experienceYou must be comfortable working with team members at all levels and departments and show an ability to partner and work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
Security background checks and interviews for this clearance level are to be expected. Applicants will also be required to obtain the CompTIA Security+ and Zend PHP certification upon acceptance of this position.
Minimum knowledge, skill and abilities:
* Five or more years of experience developing software and a minimum of one year in both PHP and MySQL
* In-depth understanding of source code and release management best practices (i.e. CVS, SVN, Maven, Ant, GIT)
* Working team member at all levels and departments and shows an ability to partner and work in a fast-paced, agile team environmentAdditional knowledge, skills and abilities:
Java programming languages are not required but are highly encouraged. Should have OO design concepts in Java, and solid experience knowledge on common web application frameworks. (Struts, Spring, Hibernate, JDO/JPA, Axis, Web Services, XML Parsers, JSP/Servlets, JNDI, etc.)
Experience with PHP Frameworks (Symfony) and task management software (JIRA) is desired, but not required.
Data Systems Analysts, Inc. is an established Information Technology consulting firm with expertise in knowledge management, network engineering, information security and program management serving the Federal Government and Department of Defense since 1963. DSA offers a competitive salary and an impressive full benefits package that includes employee medical and dental, 401k, company paid life and short/long term disability insurance and paid leave along with an environment that supports professional development and growth.
DSA provides equal employment opportunity for employees and applicants without regard to an individual s protected status; race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, pregnancy/childbirth or related condition, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status.
DSA will provide necessary reasonable accommodation to ensure that an individual with a disability who is not able to fully utilize DSA s online job application system is provided with equal opportunity to apply and be considered for all jobs. If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please email HR@dsainc.com or call 1-877-422-4372.