About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy. Function:
Information Technology Job Summary:
This position: evaluates corporate PI technological architecture and makes related changes which support business requirements; determines information resource requirements; devises plans and leads projects to accomplish corporate objectives. Job Description:
Evaluates and makes recommendations related to PI technical architecture
- Works with business users to identify/clarify requirements, requests and opportunities for PI solutions.
- Reviews all new PI system developments and modifications for technological consistency; assuring designs are consistent across all sites.
- Develops PI technology standards. Ensures all PI sites comply with standards.
- Works with IS department managers and project leaders to provide transition guidance from high-level concepts to implementation strategies. Manages assigned projects.
Manages PI data administration
- Overall expert of PI data administration and shares expert knowledge with IT staff. Ensures backup person is properly trained on all PI data administration functions.
- Advises management on PI database concepts and PI functional capabilities.
- Customer service-oriented. DCS programmers, Operations and Engineering staff are the primary customers.
- Determines management and user requirements for PI data resources; devise plans and strategies to organize and make information more available to help accomplish organizational benefits/goals using the PI system.
- Consults, advises and designs data architecture solutions for the PI system.
- Maintains policies and procedures for all matters relating to corporate PI data resources and their effective use, security and control.
- Plans, develops and maintains PI database software for all CF sites and distribution facilities. Recommends hardware upgrades for all PI servers.
- Responsible for ensuring data integrity across all PI systems.
- Monitors production data administration efficiency, tunes tags to improve system performance, and recommends application improvements.
- Evaluates and recommends software tools to increase user productivity and provide enhanced data availability. Ensures tools/processes are in place to provide critical application data availability and disaster recovery ability.
- Undergraduate degree (computer science or business preferred). MBA or advanced degree desired.
- Equivalent of 5-10 year's information systems design and implementation experience.
- Extensive current technology knowledge and experience.
- Proficiency in enterprise modeling methodologies and the use of prototyping techniques.
- Equivalent of 5+ years of PI administration and PI solution development experience
- Extensive networking knowledge. Cisco certifications preferred
- Working knowledge of SQL query and .Net programming languages
The incumbent in this position provides optimized consistency between business requirements and PI technological solutions; assures completeness of business requirements, reducing the possibility of partial solutions; increases flexibility to meet changing business requirements; increases IS responsiveness to the business community; improves PI system quality.What We Offer:
You'll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you're working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK