Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Highly specialized in one or more phases of software systems development, systems integration, or network engineering. Acts independently under general direction. Provides technical assistance and advice on complex activities. Formulates / defines specifications, develops / modifies / maintains complex systems and subsystems, using vendor engineering releases and utilities for overall operational systems. Applies analytical techniques when gathering information from users, defining work problems, designing technology solutions, and developing procedures to resolve the problems. Develops complete specifications to enable computer programmers to prepare required programs. Analyzes methods of approach. Reviews task proposal requirements, gathers information, analyzes data, prepares project synopses, compares alternatives, prepares specifications, resolves processing problems, coordinates work with programmers and engineers, and orients users to new systems.
Works with considerable freedom to make decisions on the techniques and approaches to be used. Prepares recommendations for system improvement for management and user consideration.
Subject Matter Expert in several of the following skillsets:
Strong knowledge in several of the following qualifications:
• Facilitate design of business information systems that meet stakeholder requirements and are optimal solutions within cost and performance.
• Facilitate designs that strengthen application core performance.
• Knowledge/experience with Agile Methodologies
• Ability to prepare cost estimates
• Knowledge/experience of SDLC practices
• Effective liaison between business and technical teams
• Strong facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups
• Change Management and Configuration Management (VersionOne, ServiceNow, etc)
• Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
• Capacity Planning
• Project Management / Project Planning
• MS Office Suite
• Hours of support:
o The standard work week for contract staff will be 5 days a week and 8 hours per day preferable Monday through Friday.
o Contract staff may be required to travel to support business efforts.
• A minimum of ten (10) years experience in software development,software quality assurance/control, and/or related field;
• A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred;
• Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program;
• Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job;
• Experience training/mentoring less experienced personnel;
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with formal software testing for complex software applications;
• Extensive experience testing software applications; identifying/documenting defects, and working with developers and end users to resolve defects;
• Extensive experience with multiple defect tracking tools (e.g. Rational, Mercury);
• Extensive experience authoring software-quality-related documentation such as requirements specifications, test plans, test cases, test scripts and test reports;
• Able to obtain Postal clearance;
• Excellent communication skills.
For consideration, please reference job number 3073
San Francisco, CAContact