Reporting to the PMO Manager, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for supporting Digital Channels Software Development and assist internal and external customers and business partners. More specific responsibilities will include planning, coordinating, and monitoring large scope and budget software releases and managing release dependencies. These efforts will help to ensure predictable, consistent, and successful on-time delivery to customers. Some assignments will be strategic in nature, requiring you to exercise creativity, some level of vision and conceptualization, self-motivation and initiative. You will grow as a leader, continue to strengthen your project management skills, develop Agile practices, and be an effective communicator, oral and written. There will be group speaking and presentation opportunities. The Senior Project Manager will be accountable for the maintenance of release and project artifacts, deliverables, schedules and status reporting in Clarity and SharePoint and release/project collaboration environments. You will work closely with and take guidance from a more senior project manager who will help develop and assess your professional growth.
This position is within the Product Development Project Management Office (PMO). Key relationships include: product management, dev./QA/BA management, project portfolio managers, product owners, scrum masters, security, UX team, enterprise architects, client operations, sustained engineering, professional services, audit & compliance, and senior leadership. • Bachelor degree in business or equivalent work experience
• 4-6 years of technical project management and/or relevant consulting experience
• Knowledge of and demonstrated experience in project management processes and methodologies, as well as, product development lifecycle
• Experience managing projects or releases using Agile methodologies and reporting release/project performance metrics
• Demonstrated knowledge of Agile Practices (Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe etc.)
• Experience in banking, financial services, and/or software industries desired
• Experience in driving large scale change efforts
• Experience with matrix management of cross-functional processes and teams
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred, not required
• Familiarity with Project Management leveraging ALM tools such as VersionOne
• Familiarity with Clarity preferred 1.
50% Project management
• Ensure release is initiated well by working with stakeholders to determine scope, business value, solution options, and estimates.
• Apply enterprise agile principles and practices to ensure the achievement of agreed release deliverables on-time, to quality, and within budget.
• Provide a complete view of overall release progress and status to the organization and all stakeholders.
• Actively monitor all risks and dependencies and facilitate them to mitigation, resolution, or acceptance.
• Communicate all high-scoring risks and impediments (impact x likelihood) to key stakeholders.
• Manage release information in application lifecycle management tools, such as Clarity and VersionOne
• Ensure timely execution against the PDLC
20% Team facilitation and stakeholder engagement
• Establish and maintain relationships with cross-functional teams and other key stakeholders.
• Understand stakeholder needs and interests and facilitate their contribution for successful releases.
• Keep key stakeholders (both within Digital Channels and other business units) engaged in each release, aligned on expected outcomes, and informed about what is occurring throughout the release.
• Ensure core cross-functional team alignment on release goals, objectives, and business outcomes.
• Organize and facilitate meetings for cross-functional teams, ensuring actions are recorded and completed.
• Be an example of servant leadership, supporting the teams while holding them accountable.
• Coach cross-functional teams on behaviours and outcomes expected in an enterprise agile environment.
20% Process stewardship and compliance
• Ensure each product release complies fully with governance and stage gate requirements, from funding authorization, through release initiation, release planning, construction, stabilization, release and launch readiness, to the post-launch release validation.
• Ensure that any significant changes to scope, time, budget, or quality are promptly identified and escalated as appropriate.
• Create high quality documentation that meets needs and expectations of stakeholders.
• Ensure health and progress of releases is transparent, by acting as custodian of release metrics.
10% Community of practice
• Contribute to the continual improvement of reference material by proactively filling gaps, correcting mistakes and resolving ambiguity. Seek review from seniors and colleagues on proposed changes.
• Coordinate with the PMO across sites to identify issues and collaborate on agreed innovations and solutions.
• Support and contribute to the development of the PMO team.
• Quickly grasp new concepts and translate to others.
• Effectively respond to new information, situations and individuals.
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!