Seeking an experienced Project Management Office (PMO) Manager to join the GDT team and elevate the PMO to a world-class organization. The role is expected to provide executive-type leadership in a matrix environment to promote best practices throughout the organization. Our culture fosters ideas that drive innovations and new technologies to improve customer experience. For the PMO Manager, this customer experience is both internal to GDT and external to our customers. The ideal candidate will have experience at a high-tech VAR, Service Provider or IT consulting company with client-focused projects. You will be part of the solution, and by that we mean you will have a shared responsibility and ownership resulting in shared recognition and reward. Key areas of that solution for this role are PMO Governance and Performance Management, Portfolio/Program/Project Management, Talent Management, and Strategic Planning.
We are GDT. We are the 6th largest Cisco VAR in North America. We pride ourselves in hiring the brightest minds who thrive in an autonomous environment. Our talented employees all share key characteristics:
- Warrior Spirit accepts, tackles, conquers challenges, thrives in an autonomous environment, be a leader while accepting leadership
- Thought Leaders Out of the box mentality and approaches, total cost of ownership on each and every initiative, continual drive to pave the wave to the cutting edge
- Highly consultative skills engage with your co-workers vertically and horizontally through the organization, and comfortable engaging with client s pre-sales through ongoing maintenance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- PMO Governance and Performance Management:
- Portfolio/Program/Project management and reporting based on strategic objectives and metrics.
- Track, monitor, and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Issue escalation and management.
- Financial oversight and management in conjunction with Accounting.
- Compliance management to standards, methodologies, and processes.
Standards, Methodologies, and Processes:
- Responsible for creating, maintaining, updating and enforcing all PMO related processes.
- Manage the administration for project submissions and approvals through the agreed prioritization and approval process, maintaining a pipeline of approved projects.
- Ensure that information recorded in both electronic and hard copy meets with internal and external audit standards.
- Ensure detailed project, implementation or action plan templates are created each project type as appropriate.
- Develop and own a central repository of documentation and processes.
- Ownership of the organization s Project Delivery Approach, its implementation, establishment, and iteration.
Portfolio/Project/Program Delivery Management:
- Own and manage the portfolio process with the other business leaders.
- Provide resource planning against the prioritized portfolio of projects and the ability to work with the project teams and the business to forecast and manage project resource needs.
- Oversee all customer projects, ensure that project activity meets agreed project objectives.
- Manage and mitigate project risk.
- Responsible for career development of Project Coordinators, Project Managers and Program Managers.
- Determine and set training goals.
- Track and monitor the obtainment of certifications and skill sets.
- Provide feedback and mentoring.
- Drive GDT values through the PMO to bring out the warrior spirit, thought leaders and consultative skills.
- Contribute to the organizational business planning process and corporate strategic objectives.
- Be a Business Partner and manage those relationships across the organization.
- Participate in prioritization discussions and decisions.
- Proactively engage with Directors and Senior Leaders to identify opportunities for business improvements.
- Align PMO and PMO resources to meet strategic objectives.
NOTE: The essential functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
SCOPE AND COMPLEXITY:
This position will interface directly with all levels and departments within GDT. Will interface with senior management on a regular basis.
- Experience in the Professional Services industry.
- Experience using SAP or equivalent ERP system.
- Strongly prefer SAP CPM experience.
- BA/BS in IT, Business, Finance, or Operations.
- Experience at a senior level in a PMO function.
- Ability to build a team-oriented environment that is fair, open, honest, humble, and competitive.
- Ability to evaluate and develop efficient and effective operational processes.
- Ability to think proactively.
- Proven conflict management skills and professionalism.
- Ability to guide others to adaption to change in the workplace.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to liaise with people at all levels within an organization.
- PMP, PRINCE2 or ITIL certification preferred.