PMO Project Manager – Government IT Services
Secret Clearance Required
Are you an experienced Senior IT Project Manager with experience overseeing multiple projects simultaneously?
Would leading high-end complex infrastructure projects at the Pentagon motivate you?
If so, then we have a great job for you!!
Talent Orchard is partnered with a Federal Systems Engineering Contractor in their search for a highly motivated PMO Manager to support a multi-million dollar CPFF task order. The Government customer performs systems/solution engineering to implement new or improved IT services, system upgrades and new capabilities for the Pentagon Area and select agencies and organizations in the National Capital Region (NCR).
This position leads the strategic direction and continuous improvement efforts of the program PMO by setting standards and driving consistency in the areas of Program and Project Management as well as providing decision support to the Leadership team by enabling and facilitating metrics and reporting. The PMO activities will encompass the processes, governance and tools used to plan, create, monitor and communicate the execution of the IT/Engineering portfolio. This position will be responsible for assessing resources, schedules, financial risks as well as managing communication on all projects.
- Establish and mature the technology project management discipline by establishing consistent standards, developing capability, and implementing an effective organizational structure to ensure seamless execution of key initiatives with key business, architecture, application, and infrastructure organizations.
- Evolve, lead and manage a team of project managers with clear roles, processes, and expectations.
- Define specific improvement actions and training needs to improve collaborative development and project results.
- Manage a multi-million dollar technology project portfolio partnering with technology business and infrastructure leaders to ensure financial transparency, budget management, and key deliverables.
- Lead cross-platform technology conversion and integration to meet business objectives.
- Forecasts financial, material and human resource needs to meet established objectives. Track budget and projected expenditures. Looks for and implements actions to reduce expense and/or add value.
- Facilitate and/or participates in critical planning sessions.
- Develop and maintain project governance process, reporting, and controls.
- Develops and drives strong governance, and risk mitigation practices to minimize risks.
- Assures predictability for the program by implementing structured governance practices.
- Develops and maintains project management guidelines, standards, procedures, samples, templates, leading practices, tools, and frameworks
- Develops and implements new processes that consistently improve ability to deliver outstanding services and technology solutions.
- Develop a PMO model that effectively leverages resource capability and availability.
- Prepares reports and executive decks for key projects, overall portfolio status, financials and KPI measures.
- Utilize KPI metrics and PMO data to facilitate decision making, standardized processes and reporting.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization, setting an example of a proactive executive and change agent demonstrating sound business knowledge while delivering on-time, on-budget and high quality results.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with Active Secret security clearance to start
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field (or) equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- A minimum of 5-10 years of relevant business and technology experience, with at least 5 years of a demonstrated track record of success as a senior leader managing teams and resources for corporate or divisional PMO groups.
- Strong background and demonstrated success leading IT portfolio management, program/project management offices, and leading strategic initiatives
- Exceptionally strong Program Management and Program Governance skills
- Skilled in business demand planning, portfolio management, architectural disciplines, IT operations, and financial management
- Demonstrated competency of Program and Project Management skills using PMI Project Management, Agile, Scrum and Waterfall techniques
- Prior experience establishing development standards and ability to use past experiences to identify potential areas of improvement
- Successful track record of executing multiple strategic enterprise wide IT programs and projects
- Excellent influential leadership skills with the ability to facilitate relationships between business teams, technology, and vendor partners
- Ability to balance the long-term ("big picture") and short-term implications of individual decisions
- Demonstrated influential leadership and business relationship skills in a highly matrixes, complex operating model
- Must possess strong MS Project skills and be able to review and manage project schedules.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- ITIL Certification
- Six Sigma Certification
- CSM experience
- Knowledge of systems engineering, solution architecture & design
- Top Secret Clearance
Talent Orchard LLC is an SBA (8A), Economically Disadvantaged Woman-Owned Small Business, and Woman Business Enterprise Certified firm that provides the following services to clients in the commercial and public service sectors:
- Human Capital
- Professional Services
- Accounting/Audit Readiness
- Network/Cyber Security & IT Infrastructure
- Software Development/Engineering
Established in 2010, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery.
To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.talentorchard.com.
@talentorchard @novajobs #cjpost #ITprojectmanager #PMO @secretjobs @pentagonjobs