Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for enhancements and new products. Develops software and tools in support of design, infrastructure and technology platforms, including operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases, cloud-based and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
Working as part of our engineering team, this person will be responsible for full lifecycle development of the BlackBerry AtHoc crisis communication system on the latest .NET platform, from initiation to design, architecture, development, integration and deployment. The Senior Engineer will be working on a sophisticated, large-scale communication platform designed to send millions of notifications over a great range of devices including desktops, smartphones, voice telephony, and SMS.
This is a Senior-level engineering role where the individual will be working with a team of Engineers to develop Web Applications, web services, and highly scalable software components. The successful candidate will have strong object-oriented design and development expertise as well as experience developing highly scalable web-based systems. He or she will be responsible for developing enterprise level application involving large amounts of data and communication; undertaking research into new technologies to provide leading-edge solutions to complex problems is an inherent part of this job. This position will require you to work extensively in collaboration with internal teams and participate in cross-functional team meetings, requirements gathering, scoping, decision making, and technical documentation. Strong interpersonal and project management skills are a must.
• Drive the development and evolution of our mass notification system platform
• Participation in all phases of project life cycle: analysis, design, develop, test, debug, deploy, maintain and update
• Evaluate, define, recommend and expand scalable architectural solutions for our cloud and on-premise products
• Lead by example with high-quality, maintainable, well-designed and documented code
• Work with product development and quality engineering team members, as well as company leadership
• Deep knowledge of new technologies, architectures, and application design patterns for potential implementation within BlackBerry AtHoc platforms
• Experience leading development work with geographically distributed teams
. Experience with Designing ESRI GIS based Web application
• 10+ years of developing scalable and secure enterprise web applications in Microsoft ASP.NET with C#/.NET application framework
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience with large-scale distributed systems including performance, scalability, and security
• Track record of working in fast, reliable, scalable, highly available, multi-threaded web-based services and software components
• Demonstrated strong proficiency with C#/.NET Application Framework, ADO.Net, WCF, and Web API
• Database design and development skills with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL
• Solid object-oriented design and development skills including solid knowledge of core libraries, design patterns
• Distributed/SOA background
• Architecture and design capability and ability to evaluate technology and finalize scalable options
• Excellent verbal communication, analytical skill and critical thinking. Be able to communicate openly and frequently with all members of the team
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours: