The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
This position will support the National Nuclear Security Administration Defense Programs, through system engineering and integration (SE&I) expertise. The candidate will develop and execute studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments. This will require the candidate to work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the NNSA. What You'll Be Doing
- Support in the definition and implementation planning for deploying Mission Assurance practices within the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) enterprise through the application of proven scientific, engineering, quality, and program management principles toward the goal of achieving mission success.
- Utilize a systems engineering framework that uses risk management and independent assessment as cornerstones.
What You Need to be Successful
- Support the NNSA Office of Systems Engineering and Integration, NNSA weapons Life Extension Programs (LEPs) and other NNSA offices with system engineering and integration (SE&I) expertise.
- Participate and support systems studies and analyses that support technical, programmatic and organizational decision-making on a variety of projects.
- Participate and support studies such as systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, organizational effectiveness studies, and risk assessments.
- Work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in all relevant areas to best support the NNSA.
- Function as an individual and team contributor on task execution and integration of technical analyses into high quality, unified final products.
- Represent the Aerospace Corporation to working level customers.
- The customer for this position is the NNSA Office of Systems Engineering and Integration.
What You Need to be Successful
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited university in engineering, science, or other field of study coupled with equivalent experience in technical operations and/or management of advanced technology national security systems.
- Eight years of experience in mission assurance related activities; the application of system engineering, risk management, quality, and management principles to achieve success of a design, development, testing, deployment, and operations process, and identifying and mitigating design, production, test, and field support deficiencies that threaten mission success.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a self-motivated and self-directed manner.
- Demonstrated teaming skills in tasks such as formulating plans, supporting studies, and utilizing internal technology competency organizations.
- Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance.
- Some travel is required.
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- A formal degree or certification in systems engineering and/or project management.
- Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
- Experience interacting with customer personnel on a variety of technical, programmatic, and administrative issues.
- Experience in the analysis of complex technical, programmatic, and management environments at a high programmatic level.
- Knowledge of NNSA Defense Programs missions.
- Knowledge of Aerospace Engineering and Technology Group (ETG) skills and capabilities.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement