Are you interested in finding new ways to solve problems, and leverage technology to improve the lives of citizens? NIC Mississippi is currently looking to hire a Project Manager. Our team of passionate, software developers and designers builds and operates online services that Mississippi citizens use every day.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team as a Project Manager. This position will oversee the management of new leading edge Web/mobile/e-commerce applications and services as they move from client concept to launch. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of highly versatile and talented project managers, developers and designers and at various levels of state government.
The best qualified candidates will have at least three to five years of real-world project management experience. Familiarity with web applications, responsive design, multiple software development life cycles, internet technologies, strong communication and writing skills are a must. A strong work ethic, a great attitude, and dedication to success are expected. Our team members are self-motivated professionals who enjoy the challenge of implementing project management and business solutions in a high-pressure, client-services entrepreneurial environment.
Our Jackson team is dynamic, energetic and brings a wealth of experience from NIC partners in other states as well as other companies. To continue this growth, we are looking for a "rock star" Project Manager. We offer a fun, relaxed work environment and value the individuals who make up our team.
Who We Are
People often say that Government should serve its constituents more like businesses serve their customers. At NIC, we make that ideal a reality by removing technology as a barrier and helping government engage with citizens in meaningful ways, online, twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
We are a premier provider of Internet-based, electronic government services that help government entities use the Internet to reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens. We contract with governments to design, build and operate Internet-based portals and services on their behalf. We build award winning websites, web and mobile applications for government portals allowing businesses and citizens to access information and complete transactions such as applying for permits or renewing licenses online. NIC’s unique business model allows us to reduce our government clients' financial and technology risks and obtain revenue by sharing in the fees generated by electronic services.
Our government clients benefit from a centralized, manageable, customer-focused presence on the Internet. Businesses and citizens benefit from faster, more convenient and cost-effective interactions with government.
Some duties of the Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Initiate, direct and lead project meetings, prepare reports, maintain schedules and cost plans, manage and control for risks, and all other aspects of the project from inception through delivery
- Responsible in whole or in part for creation of defining project scope, developing project plans as well as all other associated plans such as test and communication plans, system testing, and other related project management duties
- Provides customer training and first line of support for content management user questions
- May assist in maintaining or updating internet content, as necessary
- Ability to utilize business analysis skills to understand customer needs and project requirements
- Establish project milestones based on the design and scope of work
- Responsible for all aspects of project documentation
- Responsible for managing multiple website implementations concurrently and the associated coordination necessary for successful implementations
- Develop trusted relationships with our state government partners, at all levels of the project team from state government IT, communication and business users.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders as necessary to ensure desired project progression
- Execute necessary project management methodology to ensure project success
- Work within framework of strategic marketing plan and portal business plan
- Development of training plans and materials to ensure a smooth and successful implementation
- Manage day-to-day Customer and Partner interaction; set and manage Customer and Partner expectations
- May assist in customer service, helping customers over the phone, email, and live chat
- Manage projects for Internet and e-commerce products and services, utilizing JIRA where possible
- Create proposals based on scope of work
- Coordinate promotional and design materials
- Write press releases and marketing reports, as needed
- Provide project coordination, disseminate project status information at weekly project meetings
- Administer Live help, track chats/number of visits to website
Additional Preferred Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, business, computer science or equivalent work experience in project management
- Desire and ability to work in fast-paced, highly flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle methodologies such as Agile for implementing web-based applications
- Ability to analyze business processes and develop a practical, usable and useful system to support them
- Experience managing or using a CMS in a professional environment is a plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills including strong written and verbal abilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment to ensure timely follow-up and follow-through
- Must be self-motivated and proactive
- An undergraduate degree (Project Management or Technology preferred)
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivation and excellent judgment to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Track record of delivering high quality projects on time and on budget to satisfied customers
- In-depth knowledge of software development life cycle methodologies and product development
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft technology stack (Office, SharePoint)
What's in it for you?
- We have a casual work environment with a fun and energetic staff.
- Your work product will be used by thousands if not millions of people.
- We offer the excitement of a start-up and the benefits/support of a big company
- We provide 100% paid, comprehensive medical and dental insurance for you and your dependents, as well as life insurance, company matched 401K and stock purchase plans.
- We offer generous personal and vacation leave. Salary is negotiable and depends on experience.
- Your work will be recognized and win awards. (We won’t hire you unless we think you can because we like to win!) For example, 8 of the top 10 State websites are NIC’s. Our State websites are consistently recognized nationally: www.ms.gov/awards
- We encourage new ideas and different approaches to your work
- We provide excellent opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical/dental insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays and vacation
- Tuition reimbursement
NIC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.