Are you are an experienced Positive Train Control (PTC) and/or Energy Management System (EMS) IT professional looking for an opportunity to join one of the best companies in Kansas City, MO? If so, we want to talk with you!
Our well-respected and established partner is looking for top IT talent for direct-hire, long-term contract, and contract to hire roles. This multi-national organization is a technology leader in its field. Use your valuable PTC knowledge and experience to make a difference in this organization. If you have background and experience in the skills listed below, inquire about the role that you are interested in today!
PTC Positions Available:
- PTC INCIDENT ANALYST/COORDINATOR
- PTC APPLICATIONS SR. ENGINEER
- PTC TEST ANALYST
SKILLS Needed for PTC Roles:
- Positive Train Control (PTC) and/or Energy Management System (EMS) such as Automatic Engine Shutdown System (AESS) and Trip Optimizer
- PTC and EMS systems and assets: (i.e. Waysides, Locomotive, Faults, Connections, Radio, Help Desk, Back Office, Events, Trains, etc.)
- Understanding of railroad operational processes as it relates to Locomotive, Signal, and Communication Processes, Train dispatching, and understanding of general code of operating rules.
- Experience with Linux and Windows based distributed infrastructure and system applications environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System, Engineering, Operations or similar technical discipline
- 24/7 availability is required to include weekends and holidays
PTC INCIDENT ANALYST/COORDINATOR
The PTC Incident Analyst will use and grow their incident response, management, and escalation skills in a high energy support desk environment and ensure that all tickets are being worked on and resolved efficiently. Monitor PTC and EMS systems and assets
Qualifications of the PTC Incident Analyst:
- ITIL Certification or equivalent is preferred
- Two (2) years of railroad experience, OR relevant technology related experience, OR one year of PTC incident management experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Ticketing Management Systems (Service Now, Remedy, Service Desk, etc.)
- Monitor PTC and EMS systems and assets
- Work on a rotating shift basis; 3 days on - 3 days off. Rotate every month from nights to days. One month the hours will be 6:00 am - 6:00 pm, the next month 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
PTC APPLICATIONS SR. ENGINEER
The PTC Applications Engineer supports the development, configuration, and implementation of PTC applications as well as supporting the delivery and operations of critical PTC Linux and Windows-based distributed infrastructure and system applications environment.
Qualifications of the Application Engineer:
- Linux (RHEL 6) and Windows environments
- Maintain queueing systems (Qpid, RabbitMQ) in a development environment
- Scripting and automation tools; Python preferred
- Broad exposure and knowledge working with applications from multiple vendors
- Ansible and Jenkins
-ELK (Elastic) stack
- IP tables
- System event logging
- Continuous integration and deployment
- Software development
PTC TEST ANALYST
The PTC Test Analyst will support the testing activities for our client's PTC program.
Required Experience of the PTC Systems Test Analyst:
• Testing large, distributed systems including PTC system testing
• Preparing system documentation, test plans, or test procedures
• Application of structured systems engineering or development processes, including test planning and test execution
• Working with HP ALM for functions such as requirements traceability, test planning, automated test execution, or configuration management
*U.S citizens/==== ONLY due to government or federal requirement *
*We CAN NOT accept 3rd party candidates*
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas*
*Only candidates closely matching the client's required qualifications and experience will receive a reply*
At Aureus Group, we're the experts professionals turn to for direct access to challenging and rewarding jobs in their field, many of which are unadvertised.
If you have a background that lines up well with the Incident Analyst description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online or callfor a confidential conversation. Please refer to job #20-1151723 when inquiring.
Position: Help Desk Administrator
Physical Abilities: Up to 10lbs
For the most prompt response, please APPLY ONLINE.
Resumes may also be sent to or callfor more information.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and we will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status. We do not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from staffing, recruitment or other employment consulting firms.
As always, there is never a fee for candidates to utilize our services.