Summary: Salary plus benefits plus PTO. Large Fortune 100 consumer packaged goods company. A multi-year engagement for a Packaging Engineer experienced in thermoformed packaging. Position will be based onsite in Hartwell, Georgia. Will possibly transition to a permanent role or be continually extended.
Packaging Engineer: Plastic Cup Filling, Sealing, Retorting, Robotic Handling, Cartoning and Palletizing
Target Background: Significant experience with specifying, installing and startup of high speed packaging equipment including efficiency improvement after start of production. Expertise in thermoformed packaging, multi-layer lidding, product filling, heat sealing, corrugated and paperboard. Retort experience a plus.
Packaging Engineer General Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend Design Reviews and ensure that factory requirements are met in the design.
- Attend and conduct FATs for equipment at vendor locations
- Factory Liaison (production and maintenance) for Packaging Equipment to ensure that field improvements made to previous lines is incorporated onto design and execution.
- Oversee equipment delivery, installation, and start-up. Coordinate materials and onsite vendor support needed for commissioning.
- Lead Construction Close-Out, and Lead Level 5 Functional Testing (testing with product)
- Provide Technical Support for Level 4 (I/O Checkout) and Level 6 (saleable qualification)
- Coordinate Site Acceptance Tests, Ramp-Up and Verification Activities for Packaging Equipment.
- Review PMs and provide recommendations for spare parts
- Review vendor documentation (manuals, spare parts, Basic Process Operation) and work with integrators on approved Automation Detailed Functional Specification