Description Job Requisition:
Paralegal IJob Description:
The Mega 4 Litigation Support Team at Leidos currently supporting the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC has an opening for a Paralegal to work in a downtown Washington, DC DOJ office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Department of Justice achieve their mission.
Works under the direction of Project Supervisor or Project Manager. Performs the following tasks while complying with established procedures: compiles, prepares, and summarizes relevant materials for use by attorneys in discovery and in preparation of motions, briefs and other legal documents; summarizes depositions and other transcripts; maintains case files; performs simple legal research; indexes, tracks and controls document discovery (including documents produced and received in discovery); indexes, tracks and exhibits and other materials at depositions and at trial. Prepares exhibit cross-references. Assists attorneys in courtroom. Assists attorneys in preparing for all phases of litigation, including pretrial discovery, motions, hearings, and trial. Basic Qualifications:
- Requires sound working knowledge of legal system and legal principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Should have hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, and spreadsheets.
- Requires paralegal certificate.
- An equivalent level of legal training may be substituted with the approval of the COR.
- At least one year of litigation paralegal experience valued; trial experience very helpful.
- Automated litigation support experience valued. Must have basic legal knowledge, and must have sufficient experience with legal research tools such as LEXIS and Westlaw to perform basic legal research.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills. Role also requires basic familiarity with ESI tools and knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure will be very important.Preferred Qualifications :
- Relativity experience
MEGAExternal Referral Bonus:
IneligiblePotential for Telework:
NoClearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.