CompuGain is an Information Technology and Business Consulting firm providing project-based solutions, software solutions and professional staffing services. –
Note: Remote work? One-two days a week works.
They like this person to be on-site full-time in the beginning.
They can work from home occasionally once they are up to speed.
- We are looking for brilliant technical writers to help support documentation of technical systems, standard operating procedures, processes and deliverables for our Federal Civilian customer.
- Your technical system administration and business intelligence background will enable you to work in close partnership with engineering and technical support teams.
- You must thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- To succeed in this role, you must be a fearless generalist with a strong technical background.
- You will document, broadly and deeply, technical systems, internal procedures, and other deliverables as needed as well as support documentation for Assessment and Authorizations and Audits.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the systems / processes / procedure and the documentation requirements
- Write technical and process documentation for various audiences, including but not limited to manuals/procedures (system, end-user, training), white papers, design specifications, test plans, business correspondence, etc.
- Collaborate with development team to write essential internal documentation that builds shared understanding
- Learn complex technical information and communicate it in a readable, concise, and accurate manner to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Coordinate shared content and deliverables with other writers
- Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Systems Engineering, business, or related fields plus five (5) years of related experience;
- Masters and three (3) years or more experience ;
- Speaks and writes fluent, grammatically correct English
- 3+ years of researching and writing excellent documentation and examples for senior system administrators, business analysts, and/or developers
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- Ability to communicate IT, networking, and security concepts to personnel at all levels of experience and responsibility
- Experience with technical tasks including software development, code configuration and management, UNIX/Linux/Windows system administration tasks, asset management, security, networking, and distributed server environments
- Experience with SQL, data analytics, and business intelligence tools
- Understanding of FISMA and NIST standards; Assessment and Authorization skills a plus.
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering, business, or related fields.
- Experience in developing technical solutions
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture
- Strong time management and multitasking skills; attention to detail
- Experience working with multiple high priority tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable documenting and defining system details
- Senior level documentation and reporting skills
- Experience as a government contractor
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance (High)
Thank you for your time and consideration
Praveen Kumar Vaante
13241 Woodland Park Rd - Suite 100
Herndon, Virginia 20171
703-454-0679 | email@example.com