Partner Engineer at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)Job Description:Job Title: Partner Engineer (Intermediate level) at Vertica (U.S. REMOTE)Location: Remote Eligible, anywhere within the U.S.
We are looking for a Partner Engineer to evaluate, design, implement, and improve technology integrations within the Vertica partner ecosystem. This role involves leveraging your technical skills to research, develop, and collaborate integration methods for new and existing partner technologies. Your knowledge is key to maintaining vital relationships with the Partner's product team.
As a Partner Engineer, you will work closely with various Partner software products such as Business Intelligence Tools, Analytical Tools, Data Integration Tools, and Cloud Infrastructure. In addition to technical capability, your ability to deep dive into these tools will help understand the limitations and constraints of integration developed by Partner products. This allows you to recommend best practices that will provide value to our customers. You will have opportunity to work with Object Storage Partner and evaluate how objects storage can be used with Vertica. You will develop expertise in running Vertica with AWS S3 Storage and S3 compatibility storage solutions.
The Partner Engineer is an energetic internal and customer facing professional with proven knowledge to work with technology companies. Furthermore, strong understanding of technology is required to confidently communicate the product vision and roadmap to Partners.Roles and Responsibilities
Required Education and Experience
- Interact with Technology Partners (includes Storage and Platform Partners) that have Solutions that works with Vertica.
- Understand the architecture of Partner product and work with the Partner to integrate their product with Vertica.
- Install, Configure and test the partner product (and open source tool) with Vertica to explore and document your findings on the integration.
- Provide your recommendations to the Vertica Product Management team based on internal testing and/or customer experiences with partner products.
- Develop and maintain good understanding of Vertica and how Vertica interacts with Partner products using various protocols such as ODBC, JDBC, ADO.NET etc.,
- Collaborate with the Partner's Product Technical teams and Vertica Engineering team to resolve any customer issue.
- Work closely with the Vertica support team and Field team to identify and resolve any integration issue between the products.
- Establish working relationship with offshore Partner Engineering team.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- 2 - 4 years' experience designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise integration solutions with a track record of meeting business requirements.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Database technology and SQL knowledge.
- Experience with Windows and Linux platforms.
- Experience with on-premises and/or cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Object storage like AWS S3.
- Good communication, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills.
About our team
- Proactive, self-starter, and team player want to learn and work with 3rd party product tools. Experience with Business Intelligence or ETL tool is advantageous.
- Having Programming fundamentals and work experience with enterprise software.
- Understanding of Languages like C and Cis advantageous but not required.
- Ability to partner with both internal and external stakeholders, help driving various initiatives.
The best ideas often come from fresh perspectives. At Vertica, our open-minded, diverse and inclusive team is always learning from each other. We approach intellectually challenging work with a "get it done" attitude. Vertica Engineers are given significant latitude and support to pursue what they are passionate about to make Vertica an even better place. If you are excited about building great technology with a proactive team, you will find yourself in good company at Vertica. Welcome to the family.About our product
Vertica is a recognized leader in analytics powering some of the world's most data driven organizations like Uber, Wayfair, Intuit, Cerner, and more. Our columnar, MPP, distributed database delivers unprecedented speed, petabyte scale, with analytics and machine learning functions built into the core.
We believe the future belongs to the fast. Join us for the ride!
EngineeringMicro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status