- The Payroll Systems Analyst is responsible for assisting the Director/Manager of Payroll Systems in support of payroll systems.
- The Payroll Systems group ensures that users can accomplish tasks in the system, by maintaining data integrity and user security, monitoring the flow of data in and out of the system, addressing user requests for additional reporting in the system and coordinating with IT and vendor support to optimize system performance.
- This position requires that the Analyst work with management to identify and prioritize improvement opportunities; develop project plans and milestones; as well as lead and participate on team projects.
- The candidate will participate in developing payroll process training materials, plan and deliver training to business units and key business partners and provide day-to-day leadership to payroll processing teams.
- The Payroll Systems Analyst must act as back-up for the Director/Manager of Payroll Systems in case of planned / unplanned absence.
30% Ensures payroll systems data integrity
- Performs system table updates for mass rate changes
- Maintains 2-3 holiday calendars annually, including ad-hoc changes to the holiday calendars throughout the year
- Ensures system reflects changes to collective bargaining agreements, company policy and applicable law
- Maintains calc groups, hours to gross (HTG) and gross to net (GTN), entitlement groups, occupation (occ.) codes, shifts, and shift patterns, etc. according to business needs
- Regularly reviews log files as part of preventive system maintenance
15% Monitors and troubleshoot interfaces
30% Supports Director of Payroll Systems in coordination with Vendor(s)/IT to resolve issues
25% Lead / participate in continuous process improvement initiatives