Comtech is an IT provider focused on delivering end-to-end technical solutions and products. Since 1998, we have successfully serviced enterprises across multiple markets, including the public and private sectors and the Department of Defense. Our services span all aspects of business, providing a holistic approach for managing an organization. We have accredited certifications, which include CMM Level 3, ISO/IEC 20000-1:2005 (Corporate ITIL Service Delivery), ISO 27001:2005 (Corporate Security), and ISO 9001-2008 (Corporate Quality). Comtech aims to deliver value to our customers through three key attributes: Innovation, Transformation, and Information. Comtech believes that our solutions and products should focus on resolving everyday problems and enabling simplicity. We are committed to providing technical innovations and tools that empower organizations with critical information to facilitate decision-making that result in business transformation through cost savings and increased operational efficiency. Our commitment to quality is adopted throughout the organization and sets the foundation for delivering our full suite of capabilities. Comtech develops and implements methodologies and processes based on the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v.3 Framework across enterprise infrastructure operations
Location: Reston, VA
Duration: 12+ months (possible extension)
Job Category: Pega Business System Analyst
Required: This position requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Business or relevant work experience in business analysis, systems analysis and/or testing background and 6+ years of direct Business Analyst experience.
- Experience in business process analysis, Work flow, task analysis, user acceptance testing and requirements analysis.
- Proven ability to elicit, document, analyze and verify requirements.
- Strong experience with user acceptance testing concepts.
- Proven ability to work well as a team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead problem solving business/technology teams and projects.
- Technical writing experience and training experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of demonstrated successful use of SDLC methodology or demonstrated knowledge of business processes related to the business area supporting.
- Must demonstrate understanding of industry standard Business Analysis Best Practices.
- Relevant business and systems subject matter expertise.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and agreement and bring resolution to contentious issues and entrenched interests.
- Proven ability to lead problem-solving discussions.
- Attention to detail and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- High level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Extensive PC skills including Microsoft office software such as Word, Excel, VISIO and Power Point.
- Experience in accurately modeling requirements using at least one if not more of the following: Functional Decomposition, Data Flow Diagrams, User Context Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Decision Needs, Workflow modeling, Use Cases, Use Case Model Survey and Use Case Specification, Process Modeling, Prototyping
- Demonstrated leadership skills. Experience with coaching, mentoring and providing feedback to associates as well as leading small teams of junior analysts.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Extensive experience and understanding of Pega-based systems and technology.
Software & Tools:
MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook Excel, Visio, HP ALM, Adobe Acrobat