Position: Quality Engineer / SDET Location: Dallas, TX Duration: Long Term
The Quality Engineer will help develop and implement an automated testing framework that can be used for test driven development as well as continuous regression testing as part of agile scrum development including continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD). In addition, this position will utilize appropriate test tools, process and practices as defined by the Director of QA and the QA Lead for functional, systems-integration, performance and destructive testing, as well as building in quality standards throughout the SDLC to avoid defects and minimize rework and waste.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Outcomes:
• Support design, develop and implement an automated testing framework for functional, systems-integration and performance testing efforts.
• Develop and implement testing practices and tools as part of the framework which ensure releases are defect-free and perform at or better than expected levels
• Automate the regression testing and ensure quality practices are built into the SDLC and DevOps practices
• Ensure that business requirements are fully met before each release; certify releases for quality and completeness of functionality
• Assist in reviewing, analyzing and documenting business and user requirements for technology product development.
• Closely collaborate with other technology and business users to ensure business and technical requirements are understood and met.
• Generate periodic test reports showing test metrics (defects trending, planned vs actual testing progress)
• Coach and train other quality assurance teams as well as the scrum teams on effective automated testing practices, including test driven development
What We Expect From You:
• Bachelor’s Degree, Computer Science, Engineering or related preferred
• 5+ years of Quality Assurance/engineering testing experience in a web application environment Testing User Interfaces, backend database, Web services, API’s, Batch/ETL application components
• 3+ years of hands-on scripting/coding experience with Selenium WebDriver/Java or other similar tools which uses object oriented programs
• 2+yrs of hands-on experience testing REST Api's and Microservices using automation tools such asREST-Assured or similar tools.
• Prior experience in a Continuous Integration/Delivery/Testing (CI/CD/CT) environment supporting weekly or daily deployments
• Prior experience with SalesForce CRM automation is a plus.
Skills And Abilities In:
• Verbal and written communication skills.
• Conflict management and problem-solving.
• Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
• Presentation and facilitation skills.
• Deductive and inductive reasoning.
• Critical thinking.
• Technical Expertise