Penetration Tester will have broad areas of responsibility including network and system audit, penetration testing, vulnerability scanning and mapping, exploit research and reporting, providing governance role for services and metric reporting. Requires extensive knowledge of how to exploit and undermine system and software weakness and areas of vulnerability without disrupting vital business systems and processes.
Job Specific Responsibilities
• Performance of penetration testing in a large environment.
• Work with security and network architects on design and infrastructure decisions. Assisting in development of Proof of Concepts with a focus on risk, compliance, and availability.
• Serve as an escalation point for the team and may direct or serve as a mentor to less experienced staff and peer groups.
• Experience performing penetration testing and/or vulnerability scanning in production environments.
• Perform research to identify and understand exploits, vulnerabilities and threats.
• Execute exploitation testing using commercial, open source or custom tools.
• Document and present findings.
• Interface with application developers, administrators, management, etc. to ensure security controls are implemented.
• Maintains, updates and tests security standards and procedures for use by internal customers.
• Act as a consultant to systems owners for remediation of identified vulnerabilities.
• Experience in reconnaissance (network & system), weaponization, exploitation, and lateral movement (post exploitation activities), wifi, malware, packet analysis, reverse engineering
• Individuals are expected to translate the above experiences/skills into goal oriented assessments that positively benefit the security of an organization as a whole
• Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and a solid understanding of IT Security concepts to include security operations.
• Knowledge of network protocols, data flows and vulnerabilities.
• Knowledge of PCI and other industry compliance standards
• Able to work with other team members and groups, work with competing priorities, and possess strong customer focus.
• Knowledge of penetration testing methodologies and techniques
• Experience with programming languages, such as C++, Perl, and Python
• Ability to work independently and complete required tasks with minimum supervision.
• Ability to maintain and improve skills through both structured training and independent research.
• Skilled experience with major operating systems, such as Windows, UNIX, Linux OS including administration and security.
• 5-10 years’ experience with significant job responsibilities tied to IT security and/or securing IT environments/infrastructure
NO THIRD PARTIES, NO SUB-CONTRACTORS, NO CORP to CORP
Data Resource Technologies Inc. is an Information Technology Staffing Firm serving the markets of the United States of America; the greatest country in the world. We work with Direct Clients Only and do not participate in multi layer contracts. Earn The Most Possible and put over 60 years of Information Technology Industry experience to work for you today, Call or Apply NOW!!!
12020 Shamrock Plaza, Suite 200 Omaha, NE, 68154Contact