Harris County was founded in 1836 and is located in the Gulf Coast region of Texas approximately 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. Harris County covers over 1700 square miles with over 4 million residents, making it the most populous county in Texas and third most populous in the United States.
The Harris County Central Technology Services (CTS) exists to support the mission of Harris County by developing, implementing and supporting high quality, innovative and cost effective information technology solutions.
This position is responsible for the functional support of Commitment Accounting and Payroll for the 9.2 PeopleSoft Financials platform. This includes requirements gathering, application configuration, end-user support and testing for ongoing enhancements to the production application. The role provides functional expertise and contributes to improvements and enhancements for mission-critical, enterprise-wide information systems
- Coordinate with end-users to understand business needs and requirements
- Assists in the analysis and design of PeopleSoft deliverables based on business requirements
- Create and assist in the generation of functional specifications
- Educate and advise Harris County on the PeopleSoft HR/Payroll/Commitment accounting functionality and integration with FSCM
- Work with technical resources to develop, test and document enhancements and modifications
- Ensures that project deliverables meet business requirements
- Conduct end user training when needed and prepare user documentations
- Ability to analyze/troubleshoot functional system issues and provide options to resolutions
- Adheres to methodology, controls and quality standards
- Ability to work independently with limited direction, and work in a team environment