This is a hybrid role of a marketing generalist. We need them to be able to write copy, presentations, advertising, do emails, direct mail, etc. More programs and campaigns not tradeshows.
General Job Duties:
1. Develop, implement and manage the execution of go-to-market programs and campaigns that meet the business objectives for Client (Automotive) in the Americas region. Track, measure and report in a timely manner the success of each program against overall objectives.
2. Work with marketing personnel, sales and sales leadership on specific product and vertical market plans to grow, protect and acquire market share. This may include but is not limited to sales support materials, presentation support, targeted messaging, and sales cycle optimization programs. Develop strong partnership with sales team members to optimize programs through regular team calls.
3. Manage awareness, interest, and consideration of key targets.
4. Develop multi-channel tactics by determining targets available within key verticals. Multi-channel tactics will include: direct mail, web seminars, email, events, social and PR programs. Reporting on program success with well-defined metrics is required.
5. Work closely with Client leadership as well as sales, product, Public Relations, strategic partners and peer marketing groups across Client (e.g. brand, database, marketing operations, regional marketing) to define target markets and opportunities utilizing market research methods.
6. Explore and leverage opportunities (e.g. conferences, tradeshows, industry / functional user groups) to partner and leverage cross-BL and cross channel programs when applicable.
7. Assist in the development and management of budgets in combination with the overall marketing strategy and tactical plans. Attend monthly forecast calls to report and discuss marketing spend.
Required Experience: Indicate the type and length of experience normally required for this position.
US-based. Detroit, MI area
10 years experience in related marketing role. B2B information and/or advisory products and services preferred
Must have background in automotive industry
Management and supervisory experience preferred
Fluency with PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word marketing automation tools (e.g. Eloqua)
Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills necessary.
Excellent time management and organization skills required.
A self-starting and motivated work attitude essential.