This position will focus on development and execution of innovative approaches to characterizing device's system performance in order to advance our machine perception, localization, and rendering pipeline algorithms.
- Work with the product development, technical program management, and other cross functional teams to define, develop, and execute experiments that will allow us to perform functional and nonfunctional validation of the sensors, algorithms, services, and components that make up AR/VR experience
- Design objective and subjective systems in various environments and scenarios to verify mapping and tracking metrics
- Define or develop utilities to accomplish the assigned testing, includes being able to exercise and further expand the capabilities of in-house tools
- Analyze various components of the device systems, collaborate with various development teams, and use your technical expertise to investigate, troubleshoot and verify defects and other technical issues
- Review integrated software changes to isolate failures pre/post release
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Vision, or a related field or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of computer vision, machine learning, and robotics
- Experience with Computer Vision, LIDAR, sensor fusion, or probabilistic approaches to localization
- Experience with software engineering principles, and modern C++, MATLAB, and Python
- Experience with troubleshooting and analytical skills to root cause complex issues
- Experience with analyzing detailed system logs to root cause issues or determine component(s)/sub-system failures
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Robotics, Computer Vision, or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with Visual-Inertial odometry algorithms, image analysis and segmentation, IMU filtering, camera models, image sensor technology, graphics and rendering pipelines
- Experience with test fundamentals and the associated use of test management and defect tracking tools
- Experience with manual and/or automated testing of embedded devices
- Experience with hardware/software interoperability in an embedded system
- Experience with Linux and Android
- Experience with owning the technical responsibility over a system or subsystem (including software aspects) and specifying system components within the constraints of a complex system architecture and a large process-driven organization
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.