As a Performance Assurance Engineer, you will establish yourself as a trusted engineer by helping ensure overall satisfaction with client solutions. Product Development and Product Management will rely on you to provide performance assurance of the solutions that the client provides. It is crucial that you become an advocate for our internal clients, our operating model and technology strategies, as you will be responsible for identifying and reporting application performance issues to enterprise stakeholders.
You will represent the Solutions business unit as a designated performance assurance engineer for assigned projects. You should be comfortable creating and reviewing complex code and documentation across many disparate technologies, with a strong knowledge of cloud-enabled development and an aspiration to quickly understand complex proprietary infrastructure architecture. Your responsibility is to proactively measure the performance and capacity of supported applications, and communicate the relative risk of detected issues. This role will work closely with project teams to ensure performance testing requirements are completed and the results meet client expectations.
This role must manage diverse system platforms and product lines within the client and able to adapt quickly to unfamiliar technologies. It is critical that you continually learn and maintain current knowledge of Client Solutions and industry-standard development practices and technologies to provide meaningful and efficient test results of various client solutions. At times, you will be called upon to prioritize and drive resolution on escalated incidents or problems that occur in production.
You will be a key resource to drive efficiencies through process improvements while developing repeatable automated testing methodologies. The client and customers expect high quality applications. Success in your efforts accordingly will foster customer loyalty, and lead to improved client retention and overall client satisfaction.
A key characteristic in the success of this role will be technical aptitude. The creation of new, and the maintenance of the existing client automated testing toolsets, requires Java and socket-based programming experience. It is critical that you know how to leverage Wireshark, Fiddler or other proxy-based tools to intercept and inspect message requests and responses. You must also exercise strong problem-solving skills with limited assistance.
This demanding yet exciting role allows you to establish and build relationships to facilitate timely, cost-effective and efficient performance assurance of client solutions. You will become a Subject Matter Expert for the products assigned to you and a “Go To” technical resource for standard performance assurance best practices. This will bring a great sense of accomplishment for you personally in achieving the goals of our clients.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field and 3+ years of relevant work experience OR a High School diploma and 7+ years of professional relevant work experience
Job Related Experience:
• Experience architecting, designing, building, implementing or testing enterprise solutions in a cloud environment
• Experience with integrating test requirements with automated pipeline technologies to support rapid (CI/CD) software development (GIT, Jenkins)
• Experience and strong understanding of software engineering with programming experience in one Java or C#
• Successful track record of analytical thinking and problem solving
• Must be able to understand the IT needs of businesses and test solutions that cater to such needs
• Work independently and prioritize time and projects appropriately
• Think outside of the box to come up with creative solutions to ensure efficient and timely performance assurance
• Ability to see opportunities and help enable strategies with private and public cloud delivery options
• Develop and leverage automated methods of application performance/scalability assurance and production environment performance analysis
• Proactively measure, evaluate and optimize application performance via load tests and production environment performance analysis results
• Produce written assessments ensuring product management that supported application performance/scalability meets customer and industry expectations
• Outline recommendations for performance-oriented software strategies and assist in the definition of software development standards and efficiencies
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Direct experience designing and engineering solutions that use various networking technologies (Web service development, Socket-based programming, messaging and streaming technologies)
• Direct experience designing, engineering or testing solutions on Kubernetes in Private and Hybrid Cloud environments
• Direct experience designing, engineering or testing solutions on public/private cloud environments (AWS/Azure/Google Cloud)
• Direct experience with database administration tasks (database backup/restore operations, building indices, scheduling tasks, automation, etc.)
• Experience in the complete software development lifecycle including associated deployment methodologies, QA processes, and performance tuning efforts
• Experience with application load generation utilities (H.P. LoadRunner, QALoad, Gatling, etc.)
• Experience with web and API testing and inspection tools (Postman, Wireshark, etc.)