Make a difference
Ciber Global wants you. Come build new things with us and advance your career. At Ciber Global you'll collaborate with experts. You'll join successful teams contributing to our clients' success. You'll work side by side with our clients and have long-term opportunities to advance your career with the latest emerging technologies.
This is a customer facing job with an emphasis on being a highly technical liaison between the client and the application development and IT teams, in addition to possessing diverse performance engineering skills. This person will be responsible for the design and/or use of existing (10K to 100K users) performance scenarios for Performance, Load, Stress, Endurance, and Chaos testing to collect, measure and analyze the impact to applications, service layers, and core systems components (servers, networks, storage, JVM's) performance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar field or related work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in dedicated Performance engineering, Performance testing and benchmarking.
- Experience with JMeter Performance, Load, Stress, Endurance and Chaos testing of Web and Mobile applications.
- Ability to find the root cause of performance bottlenecks and assist with corrective action to improve the performance of the applications using software engineering development and diagnosis methods.
- Must have experience with database performance testing.
- Expert understanding of performance testing methodologies best practices.
- Experience in Server and JVM Monitoring and Infrastructure Monitoring using Splunk.
- Familiarity with APM suites (App Dynamics or New Relic and others).
- Experience in writing database queries preferably using Oracle and MySQL (Maria DB nice to have).
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of large scale java applications.
- Strong expertise in automated testing.
- Familiarity with MongoDB analytics and Appium is a plus.
- Ability to self-manage, work decisively and within teams or under direct management supervision.
- Must have a software engineering background preferably in JAVA with good communication skills (verbal and written), and work well within a team, present a good image to the client, including appearance, on-time presence, strong work ethic, good interpersonal skills, etc.
- Create / Review and understand performance requirements and use cases.
- Develop performance scripts, conditions, assertions, data and expected results using JMeter within AWS EC2 environments and within CI/CD (Jenkins) automation methodologies.
- Must be good at understanding and explaining detailed performance result information.
- Involvement in performance, diagnostic and tuning activities specific to java software, services, and web technology.
- Understands and defines systems monitoring, collects and analyzes monitoring data in production to support root cause analysis using Application Performance Monitoring (APM) based solutions and others.
- Manages and Tracks work using management tools (e.g. HP ALM/JIRA).
- Learn and enhance best practices and provide technical guidance to other team members.
- Works with key solutions architects and business managers to define the Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) for all the business processes to be tested.
- Works closely with development teams to analyze, discover and conduct performance causal and mitigation methods.
Advanced experience with the following are required:
- AWS EC2 environments.
- HP ALM.
- Oracle, MySQL, and general database query knowledge.
- New Relic or App Dynamics.
- Agile (Kanban).
At Ciber Global our consultants have access to a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits can include Paid-Time-Off, Paid Holidays, 401K matching, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, and a variety of other perks.
Ciber Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Find a purpose
Embrace emerging technologies, create inventive solutions and meet intriguing client challenges. Be a part of something bigger working on teams that make a difference and transform business.
No matter where you are in your career, you can work to move to the next level. You'll work hand in hand with top-tier talent and be part of a team focused on the technologies that lead the way to exciting technological changes.