Job Title: Performance Engineer
Location: Hillsboro, OR
Duration: Long term contract
Cloud Instance Performance Benchmarking Engineer Description:
- Be a member of the Data Center Marketing team.
- Responsible for workload analysis on server systems.
- Perform Cloud instance benchmarking on leading Cloud Service Provider platforms.
- Evaluating performance using industry standard benchmarks, commercial and/or open source applications
- Developing test automation test scripts and
- Evaluating key technologies that drive performance.
- Well versed in Linux, networking, set up machines/clusters, compile kernels, load OS's, configure networks and storage, run benchmarks and debug associated problems as they come along
- Programming experience to write micro benchmarks to stress server systems is a plus.
- BS in EE/CS/other engineering discipline
Minimum of 3 years experience in:
- Compiling and running server benchmarks such as SPEC CPU, SPECjbb, Wordpress PHP, Linpack, Stream, LMBench, HammerDB, HiBench, MLPerf, etc.
- Web Serving, Transcoding, LAMP, PHP, MySQL, Hadoop, Memcached, Java benchmarking experience.
- Linux and Windows operating system expertise
- Re-building kernels, compiling open source code or projects, LAMP stack
- C, C++, Java, and/or scripting languages
- Debugging and troubleshooting PC, workstation, or server solutions
- Familiarity working with Cloud Instances (IaaS VMs)
- Understanding computer building blocks (processor, graphics, storage, networking, and software)
- Microsoft* Excel and PowerPoint
- Prior experience with system configuration, testing and benchmarking ideal
About IDEXCEL, INC
Idexcel is an IT services organization, with a mission to bring great people and great organizations together. Our diverse client base represents a wide range of industries, including technology, telecom, insurance, healthcare, manufacturing, banking & financial services, food & commodities trading and federal organizations. Our teams of experienced recruiters directly work with client companies seeking exceptional people to help with their business initiatives.
Idexcel, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.