For over a century, Neiman Marcus Group has served the unique needs of our discerning customers by staying true to the principles of our founders: to be the premier omni-channel retailer of luxury and fashion merchandise dedicated to providing superior service and a distinctive shopping experience in our stores and on our websites. Neiman Marcus Group is comprised of the Specialty Retail Stores division, which includes Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman, and our international brand, mytheresa.com. Our portfolio of brands offers the finest luxury and fashion apparel, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and home dcor. The Company operates more than 40 Neiman Marcus full-line stores in the most affluent markets across the United States, including U.S. gateway cities that draw an international clientele. In addition, we operate 2 Bergdorf Goodman stores in landmark locations on Fifth Avenue in New York City. We also operate more than 40 Last Call by Neiman Marcus off-price stores that cater to a value oriented, yet fashion minded customer. Our upscale eCommerce and direct-to-consumer division includes NeimanMarcus.com, BergdorfGoodman.com Horchow.com, LastCall.com, and CUSP.com. Every day each of our 15,000 NMG associates work towards the goal of enabling our customers to shop any of our brands "anytime, anywhere, and on any device." Whether the merchandise we sell, the customer service we offer, or our investments in technology, everything we do is to enhance the customer experience across all channels and brands.
This position is for a Principal Performance Engineer / Architect for our Digital Channels . In this position, you will help us design, develop, & support our next generation digital platform. We are building a modern, highly scalable, distributed micro services based digital platform for our customers using some best-in-class, open-source technologies such as Spring boot, NodeJs, ReactJs, ElasticSearch, Cassandra & others in a hybrid on-prem & cloud landscape. We have a progressive, forward thinking Digital Product, Platform, & Operations team & believe in empowering our teams to be more agile in anticipating & meeting business needs.
This position requires a high level of aptitude on the spectrum of performance-engineering practices along with knowledge of related frameworks/tools. You will need to apply deep technical knowledge, hands on skills, & expertise with tools to profile, model, analyze, measure, tune, assess & implement performance improvements to the customer facing NMG Digital Platform.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, Engineering or related discipline
- 10+ years of technology experience, including a minimum of 5 years experience in performance engineering or related role.
- Expertise in Performance Engineering & Test methods & tools (JMeter, BlazeMeter, Gatling, Locust, Soasta or equivalent capabilities).
- Proficiency with ecommerce technology stacks & related performance optimization/tuning
- In-depth knowledge of diverse & emerging technologies & new architectural principles (i.e. Cloud-native architecture, micro-services, single page application model etc)
- Experience with CI/CD capable performance test frameworks
- Proficient in a Linux or Unix based environment
- Expertise with modern micro service based architectures & operations in a heterogeneous environment spanning on-premise & cloud stacks at runtime
- Strong understanding of Agile software development life cycles, software engineering processes, test processes, operating systems, web applications, client/server applications, distributed systems, shared services, communication protocols, & architectures
- Expertise/breadth of knowledge across technologies & various technology layers (application software, SOA, infrastructure, network, etc.) needed to apply full range of Performance Engineering expertise.
- In-depth knowledge of operations, Performance objectives & strategies;
- Prior experience with performance engineering of retail ecommerce & mobile
- Highly developed negotiation, facilitation, & consensus building skills
- Experience supporting technologies such as NGINX, Spring, Elasticsearch, Cassandra on Cloud with Java/Linux/JBoss/Oracle stack on -premise.