The Allstate Corporation is the largest publicly held personal lines property and casualty insurer in America. Allstate was founded in 1931 and became a publicly traded company in 1993. We are listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the trading symbol ALL. Allstate is widely known through the "You're In Good Hands With Allstate " slogan. As of year-end 2013, Allstate had $123.5 billion in total assets. In 2014 Allstate was number 92 on the Fortune 500 list of largest companies in America.
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. We ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
The Flight Test Engineer family is an active and integral participant on software development teams. The Flight Test Engineer supports all test strategy and coordination, planning, creation and execution activities for multiple test types identified as in-scope, champions overall quality efforts, identifies and defines acceptance criteria and test conditions, and creates and executes test scenarios that validate application acceptance criteria.
The Flight Test Engineer Senior Consultant II owns all test coordination, planning, and creation or execution of automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects. This engineer manages and owns the test strategy as the overall quality champion on the team, identifies acceptance criteria, defines the test conditions when stories or requirements are created, designs and implements test automation architecture and may enhance and modify the test automation framework.
* In an agile/scrum environment, may: Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.).
* Participate in Scrum, Daily Stand-up, Sprint and iterative development activities prepared to take on any role within the Agile team
* Participate in Sprint planning and release planning
* Participate in backlog refinement
* Define acceptance criteria when stories are created
* For activities related to Test Management, may: Decompose business requirements to be able to write effective acceptance criteria and automated test scripts for medium to high complexity projects
* Define, review and coordinate an iterative test strategy, develop test strategy for medium to high complexity projects
* Support, design, development and implementation of medium complexity modifications to test automation architecture and functional, mobile, or web services framework
* Provide input into automation techniques, carrying out POC and other analysis
* Execute test cases within the Functional, Mobile, or Web Services Automation framework
* Create test data and identify environment needs for medium to high complexity projects
* Ensure software quality via continuous and iterative testing approach
* Understand and provide oversight on the test infrastructure
* Create and maintain an environment where a Test Driven Development behavior is fostered
* Create automated scripts that support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline
* Collaborate with external environment team members to troubleshoot issues and determine environment needs and constraints
* Apply Testing Lifecycle Management principles in the context of a product
* Possess technical competency to interact with application developers to ensure software quality
* 10+ years of manual & automation testing experience of N-tier applications
* 3+ years of Webservices automation testing experience
* 1+ years of experience with Agile Scrum
* 1+ years of software development experience (Java preferred)
* 2+ years of Test Automation Development experience with open source and market-leading vended solutions
* 1+ years of Relational Database Management (Oracle, SQL, MySQL) SQL and Data Validation are essential
* Strong Analysis, Troubleshooting, and Problem Solving Skills
* Leverages Agile/Scrum-enabling test execution tools. Experience with the following tools: Agile Planning tool (e.g. JIRA)
* Functional Test Automation (e.g. Selenium WebDriver, UFT)
* Web Service Testing Tools (e.g. CA LISA, SoapUI, other WS tools)
* Relational Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL, MySQL)
* Defect Management (e.g. HP Quality Center)
* Source Code Management Tools (e.g. Git, TFS, RTC)
* IDE (e.g. Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xcode, Android Studio)
* Continuous Integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands .
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but that s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the Company s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment