Performance Test Engineer Description
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive
impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact,
like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for
more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our
locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect
the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of
BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals
(SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are
continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while
contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Atthis time we are considering candidates who do not require visa sponsorship PerformanceTest Engineer
The Performance Test Engineer will be responsible for
leading and providing performance and load testing services for Bank of the
West's applications as part of the Quality Assurance Testing Center of
Excellence (QA TCoE). This role will
design, develop and maintain Performance Test Strategies, Plans, and Test Scripts
and execute them to ensure the system meets quality requirements. Primary Responsibilities & EssentialDuties:
Qualifications Required Experience:
- Identify the performance test requirements anddocument the performance test scenarios based on the SLAs and benchmarks.
- Design, develop, execute and maintainPerformance test suites for different systems using HP Performance Centger/LoadRunner.
- Create Performance test status reports and sendit to the project stakeholders.
- Perform test data management required forperformance testing of different systems.
- Collaborate with quality assurance teammembers, developers, infrastructure teams to perform Performance testing.
- Ensure system performance by validatingstability, scalability, reliability, latency, response time, etc. of differentproducts and applications.
- Perform the root cause analysis of issues,identify bottlenecks and work with development and infrastructure teams inresolving them.
- Gain a technical and functional understandingof system architecture and become part of the ongoing improvement of theperformance of products and applications.
- Define and document standard PerformanceTesting process as part of the TCoE methodologies.
- Find opportunities in tuning the applicationinfrastructure for optimal performance, and assisting the development team inidentifying coding improvements and best practices.
- Develop robust benchmark workloads based onproduction traffic patterns.
- Design appropriately sized environments togenerate load against the application under test
- Analyze and provide recommendations forperformance improvements.
- Bachelor'sdegree in Computer Science required or related field.
- Minimum6 years of experience with QA processes and testing methodologies.
- Minimum5 years of experience with HP Performance Center or HP Loadrunner
- Minimum3 years of experience with HTTP protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum3 years of experience with Webservices protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum3 years of experience with AJAX TruClient protocol of Loadrunner
- Minimum2 years' experience in VB scripting and C language
- Extensiveexperience with QA processes and testing methodologies.
- Extensivetesting experience with Web based online applications.
- Experiencewith HP Diagnostics, JProbe tools a plus.
- Mustbe able to handle multiple projects.
- Experiencein developing Performance Test suites for large scale applications.
- Experiencewith other Performance Testing tools like JMeter is a plus.
- Experiencewith web services testing and SQL is a plus.
- Excellentanalytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellentcommunication & interpersonal skills.
Degree Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment
opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by
applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer -
Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the
requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
United States-Arizona-Tempe Requisition ID: