Performance Test Engineer/Performance Test Lead
Micro Focus helps organizations run and transform its business through four core areas of digital transformation: Enterprise DevOps, Hybrid IT Management, Predictive Analytics and Security, Risk, and Governance. Our software provides the critical tools they need to build, operate, secure, and analyze their enterprise. By design, these tools bridge the gap between existing and emerging technologies — enabling faster innovation, with less risk, in the race to digital transformation.
About the Role
The Performance Test Engineer will, as part of the Professional Services team, be responsible for managing, directing and executing full life cycle performance testing for Micro Focus customers.
The Performance Test Engineer will manage:
- Customer project management and planning
- Client communications and issue resolution with clients, i.e., meetings, organizational skills, communication skills etc.
- Tasks may include installing new systems applications; updating applications, firmware, and drivers; creating boundaries for as well as performing configuration and testing activities; applications programming for assigned
Education and Experience:
- Developer background and degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be expert in using TruClient Web, TruClient Mobile, Web HTTP/HTML/Web Services (REST and SOAP), Database, and as many other protocols as possible including SAP GUI, SAP Web, and RTE (3270), plus application testing via Citrix so having Citrix/ICA protocol experience is a BIG plus as well.
- Experience with ALM test protocols
- Advanced scripting in multiple protocols
- Full lifecycle performance testing… planning, written test plans, requirements analysis, design, scripting, execution, and reporting.
- Ability to diagnose performance issues in the infrastructure… i.e., “why” is the system performing badly etc.
- Experience interacting w/ customers and planning projects “end to end” without supervision, or minimal supervision.
- Secondary skill set in HPE tools and products system administration, installation, maintenance, patching, upgrades, configuration, system sizing, architecture, etc.
If you want to be part of what's next and find out more about our available opportunities, visit Micro Focus Careers.