Job Posting Title: Network Facilities Engineer II
Location: Virginia Beach, VA, United States
Duration : 12 month
- The Network Facilities Engineer II plans, engineers, designs and supports RF requirements for Technical Facilities.
- Provides RF associated solutions with a concentrated focus on the HFC/Access network.
- Responsible for the selection, testing and documentation of RF associated solutions ensuring engineering standards and practices are aligned with company/ industry, standards and specifications.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Creates Scope of Work (SOW), approves MOP/DMOP work packages for RF augmentations and maintenance pertaining to electronic equipment installation, cable routing, etc.
- Creates test plans; tests and validates functionality, management and performance for existing & new technologies pertaining to RF devices Conducts basic-moderate equipment evaluations, equipment selection, pilot testing and architect designs to ensure reliability and scaled expansion of RF devices.
- Prepares engineering cost analysis to optimize return on investment Assists with and drives the implementation of plans that enhance technical operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the deployment of new RF technology.
- Supports deployments of new services, systems, applications and architectures with installation, configuration, integration, evaluation, testing, documentation, and training.
- Provides detailed engineering support and consultation to other departments. Works with vendors to ensure equipment is installed and operating properly and resolves problems.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure RF equipment is available and configured to meet or exceed project demands.
- Facilitates communications with employees and other departments by holding or attending meetings, preparing reports, and participating on task forces. Assists in RF regulatory compliance inspections Plans, designs and supports RF associated solutions inside Technical Facilities.
- Works closely with Fiber Design team, Field teams, and operations teams to design a full end-to-end RF experience with focus on Technical Facilities. Performs design functions in Granite for network resource consumption in technical facilities.
- Establishes RF standards and specifications in collaboration with vendors and industry standard bodies with compliance oversight.
- Selects, tests and documents RF associated solutions establishing engineering standards and practices aligned with company and industry, standards and specifications.
- Develops and evaluates RF test and monitoring solutions for existing and next generation RF electronics Tests and validates new RF products.
- Evaluates and designs head-ends to ensure effective distribution of forward and return signal strength.
- Coordinates and collaborates with Engineering, Architecture and other business partners in the development of a strategic HFC/Access network plan that aligns with overall business priorities.
- Develops and implements a Tier 5 support model that aligns with Engineering and Operational requirements.
- Defines and compiles procedures and documentation for support personnel to follow in support of day-to-day operations of the technical facilities. Tracks and resolves escalations as appropriate.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in related field (i.e. Engineering, Technical or Facility Operations) or academic equivalent training or projects 1 year experience developing, maintaining and contributing to detailed designs and documentation.
- 1 year troubleshooting and diagnostics experience for technical facilities, RF combining/signal distribution
- 1 year of experience using reference tools such as Visio, CADD Requires strong knowledge of electrical, power, RF signaling, technical facility installation practices Excellent collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization Demonstrated knowledge of RF: return loss, ohms law, composite triple beat, carrier to noise, analog modulation, digital modulation, isolation
- Demonstrated knowledge of Telecommunication specifications, TSP specifications, equipment cabinets, fiber management, fiber distribution bays, fiber splice enclosures/cabinets, ladder racking, isolation, grounding, fiber storage
- Preferred BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly preferred (e.g. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or similar technical degree).