Job Summary: As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing complex web applications and backend services for desktop and mobile devices. The Senior Software Engineer must have been an expert with strong focus and understanding of .NET. To be successful in the role of Senior Software Engineer, you must be able to work effectively in a fluid, fast-paced agile environment. This position requires strong leadership, design, and communication skills to effectively work with management, team members and business contacts.
Technology We Use:
C#, .NET, Microservices, REST API, SQL, NHibernate/Fluent NHibernate, No-SQL, Dynamo DB, Cache frameworks like Memcached/Redis, ElasticSearch, TeamCity, AWS, EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, EKS, docker, K8S, CI/CD, Splunk, Newrelic, CloudWatch, GIT, Design Patterns.
- Architect, design, document and develop new programs or maintain existing programs based on specifications
- Act as technical resource for an agile scrum team and actively participate in the project planning, sprint planning, daily scrum, and sprint review.
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Be pragmatic about what we're testing
- For the assigned applications, functional areas or projects:
- Develop and maintain thorough system knowledge
- Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting
- Facilitate functional test planning and testing
- Work with the team to maintain system quality
- Stay current with changes in the technical area of expertise, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies (Backend + Frontend)
- Mentor other Software Engineers through the software development process
- Minimum of 5 years (post-graduation) professional development experience
- BS in Computer Science or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience in C#, .Net core.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience designing & implementing Microservices.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience designing & implementing RESTful backend services
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience writing No-SQL based backed applications
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience writing SQL CRUD/Joins for SQL backed application
Nice to have experience:
API Gateway Kinesis, Terraform, Cucumber BDD/Selenium frameworks, Security
What We Look For:
- Someone who's passionate about and stays on the cutting edge of emerging .NET technologies
- Experience building clean, well defined, backend services that scale to an ever increasing user and workload demand
- Willingness to test as much of the core functionality of our app as possible
- Experience consuming and creating web services in a .NET environment.
- Experience building and implementing scalable applications that use modern design patterns and practices
- Ability to turn high-level requirements into a working system through iterative development
- Ability to work on multiple projects and be flexible to adapt to changing requirements
- High energy, confident, ambitious and self-motivated individual.
- Must be an effective communicator
- Willingness to mentor Software Engineers