GDIT seeks an PersMod Database Administrator.
- BS degree; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 3+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA performing duties commensurate with the position description
- 3+ years of experience with the following:
- Oracle RDBMS 12
- Oracle Weblogic 12
- Secret clearance
The PersMod DBA:
- Defines, and/or oversees database organization, standards, controls, procedures, and documentation.
- Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases.
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes, optimization of storage functionality, and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls.
- Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- May work with vendors.
- Provides technical consulting in the definition, design, and creation of a database environment.
- Develops applications to help solve database solutions to business problems, data architectures, database management system facilities and capabilities, and the operation and tuning of databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains databases with respect to access methods, access time, batch processes, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Maintains database dictionaries and integrates systems through database design.
- Maintains and documents shell scripts and batch processes.
- Ensures that documentation is complete and up-to-date.
- Develops and applies procedures for periodic database backup.
- Will assist in transition to Amazon Web Services
GDIT (General Dynamics Information Technology) is the premier provider of high-tech IT solutions to the government IT market. We deliver cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
We are a company of over 40,000 smart, talented individuals who are committed to a stronger and better future for America through next-generation thinking and meaningful results.
Delivering Next Generation IT Solutions
We deliver a broad range of innovative, next-generation IT solutions and professional services to help our customers modernize their legacy systems, protect their networks and assets, and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of mission-critical functions for our warfighters and our citizens.
Committed to Our Country and Communities
Whether we're helping our U.S. government customers meet their mission and operational challenges or working to address critical needs within our local communities, we bring the same level of passion and commitment, developing solutions that meet or exceed the challenge.
As an employee, you get to be part of a best performing team supporting our nation's most critical missions. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.