At HP, Inc. we are using technology to ensure seamless, secure connections between people, machines, and information-delivered in the right place, at the right time. We are helping to improve the way people live, the way businesses operate, and the way the world works through products, solutions, and services that transform data into value, bytes into experiences, and noise into knowledge. And because of our unique size, scope, and scale, we can get better information into the hands of more people all across the globe.
The Personal Systems Quality Organization leverages the HP Brand, technology, solutions and people to deliver the industry best quality, reliability, and customer experience.
We are looking for energetic, curious, highly-motivated individuals to participate in Personal Systems Quality (US) in an 18- month rotation program. Ideal candidates are people who are naturally inquisitive, able to quickly absorb, enjoy challenging assignments, and can bring innovative ideas and fresh perspectives into our organization and excited to rotate across the breadth of the Quality organization. This program will provide chosen candidates the ability to start down the path of becoming one of our next generation, world-class leaders.
To be successful in the PSQ organization requires well-rounded functional depth (technical), ability to participate as a team member or team leader on programs and projects, an understanding of the quality culture and environment, an understanding of the Quality/Reliability environment and business exposure. So the program will include 3 rotations focused in the following areas: (1) Designs portions of engineering solutions (2) Customer Experience , (3) Project Management
as well as an opportunity to work on a Quality Consulting Project. Participants is this rotation program will be on-boarded to HP-s Technical Career Path.
Applies basic foundation
of Engineering principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise
and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters. Responsibilities:
Education and Experience Required:
- Monitor quality performance on a specific set of products world wide to identify failure trends in the fields using internal PSQ Tools
- Work collaboratively with Regional Technical teams to understand top symptoms of top impacting field failures
- Conduct failure analysis to identify root cause of mechanical failures and drive containment and corrective actions back to the Service organization, quickly and efficiently
- Recommend reliable, cost effective, high-quality, simple mechanical improvements (solutions) to prevent recurrence across all suppliers, including but not limited to improved diagnostics, hardware, Test Specification, and Service repair processes
- Collaborate and negotiate with R&D, Supply Chain, and Procurement as needed to get technical improvements implemented.
- Ability to lead and/or participate in technical projects to improve the overall quality of HPI products
Knowledge and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Typically 0-12 months- experience (undergraduate)
Graduation dates between December 2018 - May 2019
- Experience or understanding of electrical design tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding of design for electronic components, integrated circuitry, and algorithms.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English
- Proficient in Microsoft software: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project