Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
• Work Schedule – M-F, 40 hours/week. Generally 8-5, but meetings with California and India may require adjustment.
• Work Location – Allentown PA or Houston TX or Remote (in USA)
• Provide technical leadership in the execution of piping material engineering tasks on oil & gas projects
• Coordinate between offices throughout the USA and in India plus 3rd party engineers.
• Ensure piping material tasks are executed in accordance with client and specifications, standards, and good industry practice.
• Review and approve project deliverables utilizing internal standards, industry practices, and personal experience to ensure a safe design.
• Proactively collaborate with internal AP teams and external third-parties to meet project commitments, costs, and schedules
• Occasionally travel to support company's global engineering teams – after government and company COVID19 restrictions are lifted
• Other duties as assigned
• California Professional Engineer capable of responsible charge of refinery piping systems
• BS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 10 years’ experience in oil & gas refinery piping engineering
• 5 years’ experience working with offshore engineering teams
• Strong technical skills in specification of piping systems and manual valves
• Demonstrated understanding of ASMEB31.3 and other piping codes
• Experience with ASME, API, and other applicable industry standards
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to travel domestically or internationally to clients' offices, project sites, and vendor shops. Travel is expected to be up to 25%.
• EPC (engineering, procurement, construction) experience
• Experience with Hexagon SmartPlant software tools – P&ID, Materials, Reference Data
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1082.