Please note that this is a 1 year contract position.
Travel: Potential to travel internationally to other regional engineering offices as well as domestically to support project / organizational needs.
Location: Must be willing to work from different job locations. Depending on project phase, individual will need to work in one of client’s execution offices, within third party EPC’s office, and from construction job sites.
The Planning Engineer helps to ensure competitiveness, efficient project execution, productive internal / external interfaces, and proactive risk management. The scope of work includes planning for all phases of the projects from bid development through engineering, procurement, construction, and startup.
The Planning Engineer shall provide hands on project planning services to one or more projects, as part of a broad portfolio, with each project ranging from ~$20Million to several $Billion.
The Planning Engineer shall provide guidance and deliver planning execution plans and schedules per Company Standards to suit the project execution strategy and needs from both and internal and external aspect. They shall produce accurate and timely reporting input and analysis to the project and work within the project applicable procedures and process workflows.
To fulfill the requirements of the position, the incumbent must develop collaborative working relationships with Global Engineering and Manufacturing (GEM) team members, along with strong business leadership across all internal functions.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining the baseline and monthly schedules for the Air Separation, Process Gas Product Lines, Gasification, and other custom projects.
• During Execution, produce weekly / monthly reports in line with the project reporting calendar, providing details on progress, actuals, forecast and explanation of variances.
• Motivated to support an industry-leading regional project planning team capable of managing internal/external customer projects including EPCs, within both the office and construction site environments.
• Use planning IT systems and work processes to provide reliable and consistent reporting and analysis to ensure that we can meet the project, regional/global project portfolio and business requirements.
• Collaborate with the Product Line and Project Execution teams to develop and deliver competitive project schedules aligned to the execution scope and strategy during the bid phase through award and execution, promoting the growth of businesses while consistently delivering on project commitments in terms of cost and schedule.
• Develop and maintain accurate progress & earned value measurement systems for engineering, procurement, manufacturing, construction and commissioning to provide credible control throughout the project execution phase.
• Help maintain and improve the capabilities of the regional team to support the business needs across the broad portfolio of offerings.
• Provide close collaboration with and support across the other regional and global teams to ensure effective resource sharing, lessons learned, best practices and the development of appropriate work processes and procedures across the global execution teams.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferred) in Engineering, Accounting, or industrial field
Experience: Minimum -10 years’ project planning experience. Sound knowledge, proven skills and competencies in application of project planning principles, methodologies and tools, supporting all phases of project execution, particularly around schedule development, progress measurement/reporting and earned value, within a large project-oriented EPC or Owner Organization. Must have a track record of delivering accurate schedule information, reporting and guidance to senior management. Experience within an Oil & Gas, Chemical processing or related business and equivalent projects a further benefit.
Tools: Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project experience is a must. Experience using risk and schedule quality analysis software desirable.
Global Project Planning Experience: Proven skills and experience of planning of projects on global basis, executed by multiple engineering offices. Understanding of a variety of project types, structures and contract terms.
Determined, adaptable and resilient: Able to achieve success under significant pressure, evolving requirements, and conflicting priorities.
Culturally astute: Experience and ability to work with different cultures associated with multi-region project execution, and to therefore achieve success with a multi-cultural team. Experience of Customer and external stakeholder regional cultures, and ability to achieve success with those cultures
Relationship network: Established and proven internal relationships with key individuals in all teams in all regions, with the ability to build strong relationships to apply leverage to execute the project.
Core competencies: Commercial and technical acumen, detailed working knowledge of project planning tools and systems. Proven skills in planning coupled with a working knowledge of project management and cost control.
Applicants must provide their phone number. Reference job number A1083.